X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do You Count Goalkeeper Saves?

Originally posted by KeeperDad
    None of the forums here quite fits my question, but we're from California, so I guess this is as good a place as any.

I am a soccer novice parent of a very passionate young soccer goalkeeper. Can someone tell me how to count goalkeeper saves?

For example, if a ball rolls into the penalty box as a result of an obvious pass (rather than a shot) and the goalkeeper comes forward and picks up the rolling ball, is that a save? What if it was an obvious shot, but it still only rolling when the goalkeeper picks it up? Is that a save?

In other words, does the person counting the saves have to use their judgment as to whether or not there was an actual shot? Even if there was an actual shot, does the person counting the saves need to use their judgment as to the difficult of stopping the shot?

Hope I'm making sense.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer - I really appreciate it!

Unfortunately they count them very different in High School/club and college. In College, it must be a true save, which means it must be a true shot on net and the keeper saves it. True shot is not when someone shoots and it rolls to the keeper, even if it would roll in the net that is not a save.
    In Club and High School they are much more giving to the keeper. I am not from California but I hope this helps.

Re: How Do You Count Goalkeeper Saves?

Its finally that there Fearful we may in fact appraise a goalkeeper's data. The goal permission, the clean bed sheet and the digital preservation for the fact is quite useless, because the better team's goalkeepers will acknowledge the few goals, a better team acknowledged that the few shot give their match. Therefore here' s revolution idea: Why don't we calculate the percentage the save in always to shot in the goal? A good goalkeeper will retain the shot to stem from the net, is very simple. I knew that it misses the important material (the shot quality; shot whether to be stopped, has overturned or returns into the play dangerously) and it also misses about goalkeeping many other important matters (processes ten type cases, for the security the fender and so on). But it' s is just like our some very much other, with many compared to subjective improvement judgment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X