Auburndale VS Freedom

Should be a good match. Any comments?

Anyone know much about either team?

Comment

Both are district champs
      Freedom beat wharton in finals
      Auburndale beat George Jenkins in final

Comment

Does either team have any quality players or will the winner be eliminated in the next region finals?

Comment

auburndale is a very well balanced team all around. look out for the blonde boys

Comment

auburndale is a very well balanced team all around. look out for the blonde boys

Comment

they were all blond last year :D

Comment

yea, look out for the blonde boys and for the fans of the blonde boys ... good thing freedom is hosting this year because if they weren't, not only would they have to play/beat the team, but also the refs from auburndale ... based on previous observations of this team, you can't get a fair game against them on their turf ... with refs 'high fiving' the auburndale coaches and team players, its completely obvious as to who they want to win the game ...

Comment

refs high fiving coaches? Kind of unbelieveable if it is done during the game....

Comment

believe it or not ... it happened .... it was pretty incredible to witness

Comment

Actually, i think it was more of transferring money with the refs.. haha high fiving the refs is a ridiculous accusation, sounds like someone is just a swore loser..

Comment

Sore loser, I doubt it. I have witnessed the poor officiating at Auburndale on different occassions. There is video of an offsides no call in a Regional game. The player was a good 5 yards off and the refs let it go. Needless to say Auburndale scored off of it. Second occassion keeper was knocked down off of a corner and was injured, the defense got possession and then cleared the ball (at which time play should have been stopped, but was not) an Auburndale player collected the ball 35 yards out and shot the ball into an empty net. We will see how well they can do while only playing with 11 players on the field instead of 14.

Comment

I do not think you know what you are talking about! as for the video that you say you have about the goalie being knocked out your wrong! Auburndale is as clean as they come and the refs are not payed off or pulling for them they are pulled by the "STATE" to ref the games. So all in all I think we just thave a poor loser.

Comment

Fun Fact for you about the regional officiating.. regional games are refed by refs that are from a different region.. in lamens terms the refs are more than likely not even familar with the teams they are reffing..

Comment

Yes, that is supposed to be the way it works. I know that we are in our second year (just that I personally attended) of Regionals and have yet to see an official that was new to us. We have seen them all during the course of the regular season. This is not a comment on the Auburndale thread at all - and what may or may not have happened - just that in general the FHSAA does not always do what it says it is going to do or follow its own rules or guidelines...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X