Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter League Week 3

Hopefully this week will generate great discussions like last week.

Saturday 2/7

SSC Ireland vs LOSC Hurricanes
    ESUFC Sunderland vs WSM Harambee
    FC Will.Possession vs FC Port Burgundy
    LOSC Dynamite vs FC Port Marine

Sunday 2/8

FC WIll Possession vs LOSC Dynamite
    WSM Harambee vs SSC Titans
    ESUFC Sunderland vs FCSC Nemesis 93

Re: Winter League Week 3

Harambee needs to find a way to score. Both games this weekend were winnable, but Harambee just couldn't put the ball in the net. The girls had a couple of great looks today, but put em wide, high or right to the goalie. We'll see what next week brings. The girls will have their hands full with Eastside next weekend. They're always a good test for them. The ref's sure seem to let the girl's play a lot more than they did at U14. Both games this weekend had very few whistles. Neither game was overly physical, but there were definitely some fouls that would have been called last fall at U14. I like it, so long as no one gets hurt. Good luck to everyone!

ST - when do your games start, what's your schedule, and how's the snow over there?

Comment

Originally posted by Shu's Daddy
      Harambee needs to find a way to score. Both games this weekend were winnable, but Harambee just couldn't put the ball in the net. The girls had a couple of great looks today, but put em wide, high or right to the goalie. We'll see what next week brings. The girls will have their hands full with Eastside next weekend. They're always a good test for them. The ref's sure seem to let the girl's play a lot more than they did at U14. Both games this weekend had very few whistles. Neither game was overly physical, but there were definitely some fouls that would have been called last fall at U14. I like it, so long as no one gets hurt. Good luck to everyone!

ST - when do your games start, what's your schedule, and how's the snow over there?
      What snow? There is a little still around in the shady areas. We start March 14th and 15th in Southern Cal. just 2 games. Then March 21st and 22nd in Lacey Washington 3 games up there. I think there is 4 S. Cal teams and 1 Washington team in our bracket. 12 teams all together, 2 brackets. It is 60* here today and yesterday.

Comment

So you only have 2 weekends of games (5 total games)??? Is that it?

No snow? I figured Bend would have a nice little covering on the ground this time of year.

Comment

Usually Bend does have snow, but not this year. Yes only 5 hard games, unless you are one of the top 2 teams then they have a play off weekend. I think it is only top 2 teams in the bracket, not sure I'll have to ask on that.

Comment

Sounds like you could have played both the Winter League and the FWRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Shu's Daddy
              Sounds like you could have played both the Winter League and the FWRL.
              To much traveling, because if we go up there we hotel, gas, food not like you guys get to go home and sleep in your own bed. So it will equal out money, about the same and get to play different teams and see where we match up.

Comment

I always thought it would be fun if the girls from various teams got to know each other and actually have the girls stay with girls from other teams on these road trips. Kinda like choir tour back in high school. We travelled for our annual tour and stayed with families from the high school we visited.

Comment

That would be nice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X