Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 State Cup.. best Spring team on a roll wins?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 State Cup.. best Spring team on a roll wins?

Last edited by ORsoccer; 06-29-2009, 04:58 PM.

Re: 2009 State Cup.. best Spring team on a roll wins?

I wish they'd have done this last year. We had 2 girls go down after the last game of the fall season and went into the State Cup games with 11 players. Needless to say, they didn't make it to the next round in the spring. It'll be interesting. We have 2 girls on the team who play volleyball and they have Regionals during April. That's the big weekend you play for all season. It decides your teams rank for the season. If our team is still in the State Cup games, they'll have a big decision to make (sigh). I hope they'll have a big decision to make anyways. Time will tell.

I think I like the format, at least on paper. It always seemed kind of odd to wait another 5 months before continuing the tournament. ORSoccer, which team does your daughter play for?

Comment

With Eggy being new to the Oregon State Cup- can someone post a link showing how teams will be bracketed. Or please explain it to me. Is it a random draw? Is there a round robin before a single elimination phase?

Any info would be helpful.

Comment

I'm not certain how the brackets will be arranged, but it would be a good guess that teams could be seded (sp?) based upon the Fall 2008 League results. As President's Cup teams are not eligible for State Cup, a possible 22 teams from Gold, Silver & D1 could participate. With that number, OYSA could create four brackets of 5-6 teams each. The weekends of round-robin play would determine the top two teams in each bracket, who then move on to the new QF (single eIimination) round, and so on.

It then becomes speculation on what teams make up the brackets. My attempt (probably wrong) at placing the 22 teams in four brackets (by serpentine placement) looks like this...

BRACKET 1 -
        OR Rush Nike
        Thelo Gremio
        CFA Red Hots
        Canby Mystics
        WSM Harambee

BRACKET 2 -
        SSC Ireland
        CFC United
        FCW Ginga
        PCU Ice
        OSA Milan

BRACKET 3 -
        FC Portland Marine
        FCW Possession
        BSC Black Magic
        ESU Reading
        THUSC Sapphire
        RVSC Storm

BRACKET 4 -
        ESU Sunderland
        LOSC Dynamite
        Sherwood Sting
        OR Rush Swoosh
        WUSC Valencia
        SSC Eclipse

I'm sure plenty of others understand this better than I, so please feel free to correct my bracketing where necessary. If it is correct, then there would be some very interesting match-ups in each bracket. The 2nd sedes in Brackets 1 & 2 could be interesting, and Bracket #3 in particular looks to be a real battle for both spots. Only Bracket #4 looks pretty easy to call, but strange things can happen. Predictions anyone?... :-s

Comment

I would guess it does the Serpentine thing, which I'm guessing is what you did SV? I like those brackets. Harambee would love another shot at Thelo United Gremio.

How is it done in Washington Eggy?

I got another question for Eggy... how's the officiating compare to what you saw in Washington?

Comment

I would guess it does the Serpentine thing, which I'm guessing is what you did SV? I like those brackets. Harambee would love another shot at Thelo United Gremio.

I got another question for Eggy... how's the officiating compare to what you saw in Washington?

Comment

Well, after a long time away due to a fatal hard drive crash, I am back! ORSoccer, good to see more U13 representation!
              For my 2 cents the new format is great. We had girls in the past get hurt before the finals and it was an impact.

Best of luck to all this Spring Season and we'll see you on the field!

Cheers! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Shu's Daddy

Can't really comment on officiating since I've only seen two games..but I will later

The Washington State Cup for U-14 is a little messy. The WYS leagues are seeded 1-8 for P-1 and the 8-1 for P-2. After that all other WYS and PDL (big clubs) teams are randomly drawn and placed into the brackets. Usually 4-5 teams per bracket. Top two come out into Elimination rounds.

I could be wrong on parts.. but thats the basic story

Comment

OYSA has scheduled Winter League games over the first weekend of April, which doesn't allow for teams to play four or five preliminary games unless they play on weeknights. I would expect a serpentine placement based on every teams Fall League finish, with eight brackets of approximately three teams with the winner of each bracket moving on to the quarterfinals.

Comment

SV - get to work bub! Get us a new list of brackets using HM's idea of 8 brackets. : )~

Comment

Alright Shu,

Here's what it would look like. This is assuming SV bracketed teams correctly under the four bracket scenario.

Bracket 1
                      OR Nike Rush
                      Canby Mystics
                      WSM Harambee

Bracket 2
                      SSC Ireland
                      PCU Ice
                      OSA Milan

Bracket 3
                      FC Portland Marine
                      ESU Reading
                      THUSC Sapphire

Bracket 4
                      ESUFC Sunderland
                      OR Rush Swoosh
                      WUSC Valencia

Bracket 5
                      LOSC Dynamite
                      Sherwood Sting
                      SSC Eclipse

Bracket 6
                      FC Willamette Possession
                      Bridlemile Black Magic
                      RVSC

Bracket 7
                      CFC Atletica
                      FCW Ginga

Bracket 8
                      Thelo Gremio
                      CFA Red Hots

I hope I'm wrong and this isn't how it plays out. If it is, there will be a lot of pressure on teams to not have one bad game.

Comment

I don't think I like those brackets too much!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X