Sunday Feb. 1

LOSC Hurricanes vs WSM Harambee
    FC Port. Marine vs SSC Titans
    FC Port Burgandy vs FCSC Nemesis 93

Re: Winter League Week 2

Originally posted by eggy
    Saturday Jan.31

WSM Harambee vs FC Port. Burgandy- Burgandy
    FC Port. Marine vs ESUFC Sunderland- Marine, This team gives Sunderland fits
    LOSC Hurricanes vs FC Will.- Possession- Hurrucanes
    SSC Titans vs SSC Ireland- Ireland if they have players back

Sunday Feb. 1

LOSC Hurricanes vs WSM Harambee- Hurricanes, WSM is not quite ready for prime time
    FC Port. Marine vs SSC Titans- Titans
    FC Port Burgandy vs FCSC Nemesis 93 - Burgandy
    Being honest, I only missed the Ireland game last week. But, I didn't know about the injuries.

Comment

Being honest, I only missed the Ireland game last week. But, I didn't know about the injuries.
      Yes, by all means let's not give credit to another team for winning. Let's make sure everyone knows the loss was a sham. Who cares if Ireland actually had most of their starters playing? As parents, let's negate another group of girls to make ourselves feel better and right all that is wrong with 14 year old girls playing soccer.

Comment

cc
        Originally posted by Real Nice
        Yes, by all means let's not give credit to another team for winning. Let's make sure everyone knows the loss was a sham. Who cares if Ireland actually had most of their starters playing? As parents, let's negate another group of girls to make ourselves feel better and right all that is wrong with 14 year old girls playing soccer.
        Umm! I didn't say anything about a teams win or loss. I stated that I didn't post my predictions last week. But, if I had I would have picked Ireland. I was wrong because Ireland did not win. It was not a slam on the Dynamite. It was a simple statement that had I known that Ireland was playing with 11 players (even if it was their best) then I would have picked the Dynamite to win.

Dynamite got the win. Now because you are making a big deal out of this they will hvae to back that win up the next time they face Ireland and Ireland has a full squad. We will all wait the results of that game.

Comment

I'm not making a big deal out of anything. I don't even have a kid on either squad. I just think it's hilarious, reading the various game recaps and "predictions" for junior high soccer, that some parents think this is the be-all, end-all instead of a fun, competitive outlet for their kids. Like there are win bonuses for their kids or asterisks next to losses explaining that a team was not at full strength; already dreaming of the college scholarships, huh? I've known plenty of teams who've played through that kind of "adversity," if you could call it that, but it seems people like to use that as the reason one team lost, instead of another team playing extremely well on the day. Dynamite don't have to back anything up, they aren't even favored to win state, and neither is Ireland for that matter. Bend is favored to win because they were playing the best soccer in the fall and are playing challenging spring season, unlike the rest of us chumps in Portland.

It's one thing to be actively involved and interested in what your kids participate in, but it's completely different when you start commenting and conjecturing on the rise or fall of other teams. You guys are aware you are talking about girls who are in junior high, right? These are 8th graders...not your fantasy football team.

Comment

Thanks for the dressing down. I now get it and I am all straightened out.

See you on Oregon Live next right!

Comment

Okay...

First of all, why don't you both register with TS and identify yourselves thru your DD's team, so we have some idea who you are and what your perspective is. I recognize Scores as a semi-regular poster on this site, but I don't know Real Nice, and based on the terse wording of his/her post, I can only suggest that you take a chill pill. I did not read any anti-LO sentiment in Scores' post, so your rant (on behalf of a team your kid doesn't even play for) is a little over the top. Scores reasoning that Ireland's missing starters (there were FIVE; all ODP quality) and lack of any reserves would tip the balance in the match is just common sense... Not LOSC-bashing.

And while we're being critrical of posters who don't act like they're "talking about girls who are in junior high", where do you (Real Nice) get your Las Vegas handicapper's insight that Bend (or anybody else) is favored to win state this year?.. OR Rush is a fine team who went undefeated in the 2008 Fall League. But another team ALSO WENT UNDEFEATED! Guess who?... IRELAND. The two teams play two well-fought matches that both ended in draws. They did meet two other times this year... just before the Fall League (LO Nike Cup) and just after (Oregon Premier Cup). Those matches did have a winner both times... IRELAND. Hmmm... maybe it's not really in the bag for Bend, just yet... My apologies to ST, her daughter and her Rush teammates for having to pull them into this post, but "Real Nice" needed a real reality check.

Just so there is no confusion about where MY allegences are... my DD plays for SSC Ireland. Maybe I'm a homer, but facts are facts. Check yours out next time "Real Nice", before you decide to chastise anyone on this site again.

Good luck to all teams this weekend!

Comment

Haaaaa! This is great! First Scores hits me with an "Oh Snap" OregonLive comment, and then Sydline View chastises me for not telling everyone who me or my kids are.

So yes, facts are facts. Let's get to those: First, your "ODP quality" missing players can't be ODP quality if they don't show up for tryouts; with only (according to stats laid out previously on this board) 4 ODP players from Southside in the 95 pool, how can you be missing 5 "ODP quality" starters? Especially since only 3 of them went down to that Phoenix tournament and, from what I understand, only 1 was a regular starter throughout the weekend. Second, you can't be undefeated with ties on your record. Unbeaten, sure. But not undefeated. (Ask any sports journalist.) And since you guys are the type of folks who like to keep track of records and points, a quick trip to the OYSA site tells me Bend had one more win and one less tie than Southside, so they had a better record, more points and were therefore the league champions. Also, I don't need a reality check to know the tougher schedule Bend will be playing this spring in the FWRL gives them a leg up on every team over here because we're still playing each other; a weekend in San Diego during Spring Break isn't going to fix that for any team. So yes, I'd say they are the favorite. It's why college basketball teams stack their pre-season schedules with tough teams; it's what prepares them come tournament time. Third, I never said Scores' post was anti-LO in either of my previous posts; I was commenting on the hilarity of the comments that pop out when a favored team loses because there always seems to be a reason for the loss but not for the win. If you're talking about the Patriots missing Brady for an entire season as being a reason they aren't playing this Sunday, then your point is valid; but since we're dealing with 13 and 14 year old girls and it was one game, if the team is as good as everyone says they are then it shouldn't matter. If Southside would've won that game, I'm sure you would be telling us about the marvelous effort put forth by the winning team with.only.ELEVEN.PLAYERS! Oh my!

Lastly, I see no purpose in identifying myself just to serve your own gossipy natures. Just because I don't want to come on here every Sunday night or Monday morning and tell you how amazing my kids were in their weekend games doesn't invalidate my opinions or make my comments any more wrong or right. Having you shake your finger at me and tell me I need a reality check and that I should take a "chill pill" for my "rant" doesn't make me respect or fear you. You aren't the board moderator...you're just another parent.

Dangit! I know this is totally going to get me crossed off the invite list for next year's U15 Oregon Girls Fantasy Soccer league on Yahoo!

Comment

I dont post very often but this has been a very PC forum for a few local youth soccer fans to meet and talk. If you "REAL NICE" have come on this forum just to cause problems, good job! If you choose to continue your rant I guess its time to leave this forum too. No one wants to listen to you except you. Go ahead and come back at me this time and tell me how foolish I am. I promise I wont address you again.

Comment

This is the most exciting stuff I have ever seen. You guys are now almost as interesting as Washington. Honestly will any of this matter in four years from. I won't go into details but it will be sad and funny to see where some of your DDs will be and how lost some of you will be. I see both sides in this situation. First of all I go on as guest because I cannot get addicted to any of this again. I am very proud to say my husband will never go on this but he said if he did he would just say his name because we know who pretty much everyone is and you sound ridiculous with your names and WAY TO GO GIRLS WE ARE SO PROUD. Let's be honest the girls really don't get on here and they are much better examples then all of us. They all know each other and say hello before games and hug after games and don't act as ridiculous as we do.

I am not putting down any teams when I remind you guys to chill out and quit with all the comments about how amazing your team is and who is preparing better and who is the best. Hello still don't remember last year. Let me see....a couple teams booked motel rooms and checked on flights and were pretty sure they were heading to Hawaii. Wow and two totally different teams went. Many coaches try things out during fall and winter. Don't show your cards too early. I am not saying this to pour salt in any wounds. I am just saying respect the opinions and sit back and enjoy how it all plays out. If you notice not all the teams have parents on here throwing out predictions, excuses and comments on every little thing. They just sit and get a good laugh when it all unfolds.

I am truly not wanting to upset anyone but please try to represent your daughter and her team of players and parents better. As I have said will this matter in years from now? Yes you are all proud parents and you want everyone to know and notice!! But be careful because it may come to bite you later!! What goes around comes around!! I have seen people get what they deserve too many times!!!
                    Hooray for those involved parents!!! =D>

Comment

OOPS! Forgot something in that long comment. This isn't against Lucky Dog cause I agree with you most of the time but I would like this Nice Person not to feel that they need to leave. You have many good points and you are welcome to have your own opinion. That is what makes this world so amazing!! I was also amazed on how much you new about the 95s? We just have lots of strong opinions on this forum and it is the same people. That may be what keeps some amazing players from going to some teams? Maybe some teams have too many parents controlling a team and the coach??? Let's all just make up and try again. Have fun...Good Luck in 2009

Comment

First off, my apologies, but something is messed up with work my computer and this site no longer recognizes my username or password.

This site has been really nice for the past year or two, however long it's been around. We have many posters who have taken the time to meet each other on the field and we've had some great conversations on this site. We've exchanged thoughts, ideas, concerns and much more. I'm referring to the people who have taken the time to create their user name and who visit the site regularly to chat. Yeah, every now and then, someone comes around who hides behind a username (or two) and stirs the pot. If you don't like what's posted on this site, don't want to commit too much time to this site, or think the people who post on this site are more interested in themselves then their kids soccer lives... then why are you here? Why would you come to this site if you feel that way?

If you don't think Southside Ireland is one of the top 2 Girls U14 teams in Oregon, then you are not involved with Girls U14 soccer or you are extremely ignorant. Southside Ireland has been the most consistent team in Oregon since U11. Bend has been good over the years, but not at the same level over that entire span of time. This season, yes Bend is as good as Southside. I actually had FC Portland Marine on my list of top teams until they lost #10 for the season. Yes, 1 player can have that much affect on a team's success. Missing 5 girls due to basketball, volleyball or just being sick has a huge effect on how your team plays. What's wrong with saying the team was missing a bunch of players for a game. When we played Ireland, they were missing 5 players and my DD's team was missing 4 players and Shu played limited minutes due to an injured ankle. Injuries and other sports are part of the game at this age. Saying a team was missing players is no biggie. Taking advantage of that is something you should do as an opposing team. Lake O did just that. Good for them. Southside was still missing 5 players. For all we know, Lake O was missing 5 players as well. Who knows. Let a Lake O parent post on this site and let us know.

This site is about soccer. We come on here to talk about soccer. I visit another website that has to do about Professional Basketball and we talk about the Blazers. So what? I enjoy talking sports. I don't live through my daughter. In fact, I'm ready for her to give up soccer because she keeps reaggrivating her ankle injury. Maybe volleyball would be better for her? If my daughter wants to walk away from soccer, I'd be sad, but I wouldn't stop her. I would make sure she's doing it for the right reasons and see if there is something else she'd like to try.

I think most people on this site do a good job of keeping it real, not talking **** about teams, etc. Stay on O-Live if you want that kind of a website. This site is for people who love soccer, want the best for their kids (soccer or not), and want to get to know each other a bit. If that's you, then welcome. If it's not, then maybe you should look for another website. I would love to see more people post on this site. I know we have many Girl U14 teams represented here, but I'd like more teams to be represented.

Comment

Been gone a while and doing some catch up on the forum. Some good stuff, people expressing their opinions, some others disagreeing. Even a few people getting their ire up. I keep quiet here for the most part because premier soccer in Oregon is a pretty small community and I don't need to be dragging my off-line baggage on-line and visa-versa. I know a few of you in the real world and know of some others; I like some of you and don't like some of the others. Pretending we are all one big happy family isn't required, it just looks phony.

Hopefully this place doesn't get as nasty as O-live can get, but it is boring and tiring to hear the same posters bubble over about their kids and praise other poster's kids in a strange little self-appreciation society. On-line, people construct their posts fairly carefully trying to sound balanced and reasonable even if they aren't in real life. Off-line some who post here are donkey's behinds; that's life. Deal with it. Who knows, I may be a total jerk. Mostly this is a good place to get the scoop on what's happening and to see how some put their proverbial feet in their mouths. So if posters prefer to stay anonymous under these circumstances, then let 'em. And if they get tired of hearing self-absorbed parents go on about their kid's team, who can blame 'em.

SD, you're so right about how missing players have such an effect. I was watching a recent game where half the regular team was there and the rest of the players were from the B team and the next younger level; probably not the best indication of the team's performance. Winter league for the U14s is a bit of a mess; kids are playing basketball, some are still injured from last fall, it's a crap shoot. Don't get too caught up in it.

Just be good to the kids, they aren't to blame for their parents.

Comment

Great post, G.W. You said it better than anyone. Thank you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X