• Time
  • Show
Clear All

bye bye CCC

Good BYE

Re: bye bye CCC

Originally posted by Anonymous
    Good BYE
    the cream rises to the top....Great job PHU, Eastlake, and SHorecrest.....

Comment

Good BYE
      What a stupid post. I know these teams don't all play in the same class so they don't have the same competition in regionals. Aside from shorecrest, the other three have a reputation for being good teams that all take turns beating each other. Shorecrest is just a joke in 2a. Have they ever beaten any of these teams?

Comment

thats a huge upset against ccc... they should have gone far this year- they were spectacular against some really good teams. too bad.

Comment

thats a huge upset against ccc... they should have gone far this year- they were spectacular against some really good teams. too bad.
          I thought they were better than last year. They lost two important players but added a lot more. Too bad their region is so tough.

Comment

Good BYE
            Thanks Berkeley, I guess you had two weeks to think that one up.

Comment

how does ccc give up 4 goals??

Comment

Good BYE
                What a stupid post. I know these teams don't all play in the same class so they don't have the same competition in regionals. Aside from shorecrest, the other three have a reputation for being good teams that all take turns beating each other. Shorecrest is just a joke in 2a. Have they ever beaten any of these teams?
                Who knows if they have beaten any of those teams........But...they are moving on at thier level of play.

Comment

Good BYE
                  Who knows if they have beaten any of those teams........But...they are moving on at thier level of play.
                  That was a rhetorical question. Everyone knows that Shorecrest has never beaten any team of that quality.

Comment

Good BYE
                    That was a rhetorical question. Everyone knows that Shorecrest has never beaten any team of that quality.
                    But, they are moving on .... your argument holds no water...
                    They are 2A and are winning 2A. CCC is 3A...they have to beat 3A during the playoffs. They did not and they will not go on.

Comment

[quote=Anonymous]
                      Originally posted by "Anonymous":1zss2sfw
                      Good BYE
                      They are 2A and are winning 2A. CCC is 3A...they have to beat 3A during the playoffs. They did not and they will not go on.[/quote:1zss2sfw]
                      Who compared CCC to Shorecrest? They're saying you can't say who's the cream when they don't all play in the same class or against each other. It's the nature of HS sports. 6a isn't nessecarily better than 5A in a district or a region, and one district and region isn't equivalent to another, and so on. There are teams that win their region that get to go to the final four even though there are dozens of teams sitting home from another region that could kill them. Either EL or PHU is going to be eliminated on Friday. Are you going to think that Shorecrest is better than them if they win on Friday?? Obviously not! So, what's your point? Everyone knows all of those teams would kill Shorecrest.

Comment

Teams play other teams in their division during the playoffs and thats who they worry about. Divisions are there for a reason, all based on population. Would you really expect a team that had a 100 girls to choose from in the entire high school to compete against a school that had 600 or more to choose from? Comparing teams in different divisions is stupid and each division should be given equal respect. I'm sure its quite a job for a 2A coach to put together a good squad with many different talent levels on the field.

Comment

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]
                          Originally posted by "Anonymous":x32b436q
                          Originally posted by "Anonymous":x32b436q
                          Good BYE
                          They are 2A and are winning 2A. CCC is 3A...they have to beat 3A during the playoffs. They did not and they will not go on.[/quote:x32b436q]
                          Who compared CCC to Shorecrest? They're saying you can't say who's the cream when they don't all play in the same class or against each other. It's the nature of HS sports. 6a isn't nessecarily better than 5A in a district or a region, and one district and region isn't equivalent to another, and so on. There are teams that win their region that get to go to the final four even though there are dozens of teams sitting home from another region that could kill them. Either EL or PHU is going to be eliminated on Friday. Are you going to think that Shorecrest is better than them if they win on Friday?? Obviously not! So, what's your point? Everyone knows all of those teams would kill Shorecrest.[/quote:x32b436q]

I never compared the three teams. All I said was that cream rises to the top. I did not say that Shorecrest was better than anyone. You took it personal and assumed that I meant that Shorecrest was better than CCC.
                          What I meant was that in thier respective classes, Shorecrest is riding to the top......CCC did not rise to the top in thier class.

Playoffs are playoffs...teams will always pass better teams in playoffs. This is the case in any sport. Your argument is like saying that if the Bears were in the AFC playoffs, everyone knows that they would have not made it to the superbowl. Shorecrest has to play who the brackets put in front of them. so far they have won. CCC had to play the teams the brackest put in from of them....they lost.

Comment

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]
                            Originally posted by "Anonymous":ma3em1jk
                            Good BYE
                            They are 2A and are winning 2A. CCC is 3A...they have to beat 3A during the playoffs. They did not and they will not go on.[/quote:ma3em1jk]
                            Who compared CCC to Shorecrest? They're saying you can't say who's the cream when they don't all play in the same class or against each other. It's the nature of HS sports. 6a isn't nessecarily better than 5A in a district or a region, and one district and region isn't equivalent to another, and so on. There are teams that win their region that get to go to the final four even though there are dozens of teams sitting home from another region that could kill them. Either EL or PHU is going to be eliminated on Friday. Are you going to think that Shorecrest is better than them if they win on Friday?? Obviously not! So, what's your point? Everyone knows all of those teams would kill Shorecrest.[/quote:ma3em1jk]

I never compared the three teams. All I said was that cream rises to the top. I did not say that Shorecrest was better than anyone. You took it personal and assumed that I meant that Shorecrest was better than CCC.
                            What I meant was that in thier respective classes, Shorecrest is riding to the top......CCC did not rise to the top in thier class.

Playoffs are playoffs...teams will always pass better teams in playoffs. This is the case in any sport. Your argument is like saying that if the Bears were in the AFC playoffs, everyone knows that they would have not made it to the superbowl. Shorecrest has to play who the brackets put in front of them. so far they have won. CCC had to play the teams the brackest put in from of them....they lost.[/quote:ma3em1jk]

Well said!

Comment

2A is a joke and should not even be considered soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X