X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camps

took this from another thread

Any feedback from the boys side on the adidas 125 residential camp at Brown University?

Re: camps

Originally posted by Guest
    took this from another thread

Any feedback from the boys side on the adidas 125 residential camp at Brown University?
    And again, is there a girl's equivalent of this camp? If not, other recommendations for camps for high school aged girls, wanting some exposure.

Comment

Any feedback from the boys side on the adidas 125 residential camp at Brown University?[/quote]

My son attended this camp and it was more like the Adidas 225! 125 kids looking for a challenging camp the other 100 of invited recruits. I believe attending this camp should depend on the age of your player (rising Jr or Sr),their level of play and personal college goals. Brown is the ONLY D1 school with the remaining coaches from d2/d3 schools mostly in NE.

One suggestion: if your child is older look for those camps whose concentration is on the rising Jr and Sr. Some camps allow incoming Freshmen and the size, maturity and skill differential can be significant and impact your player's experience.

Comment

thank you. son is a somphore playing D1 HS and D1 club. realistic about not playing at d1 colleges, but is looking at the right fit. we'll add this to the pile of options

Comment

Any other Ivy teams that have quality camps?

Comment

I would check their websites

Comment

Thanks for the great tip about checking the websites. Would never have thought of it.

The question is: do any of the Ivy teams have QUALITY camps?

Comment

In response to "QUALITY" camps.

I personally believe every camp website will tout "quality" but past experience tells me it really depends upon the coaches attending and the skill level of the players. Both can impact the level of quality and it certainly can vary year to year.

I would suggest talking with parents on your club team, chances are they have older players who may have attended a camp or two, or the parents of players on your hs school team. Word of mouth is everything! However, a camp experience is subjective and may depend upon the goal of the player. Some attend to be seen by coaches while others want to improve skill or conditioning or learn more. Every camp cannot meet the desires of every camper and two friends attending can leave with two VERY different experiences. (One can love it and the other hate it! This is very real...we have lived this!)

I wish you the best in this search! It's a big expense and really a crap shoot when trying to find the right fit!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X