X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U16B state cup seedings

now on to the boys side...

what are the predictions on the u16b seedings ? 1.blast, 2 puma, 3, wu, rest??

Re: U16B state cup seedings

Forget the Blast. Their best players have gone to DAP teams. Puma lost a couple of their better kids to the Revs, and Western lost their best player to a DAP.

Stars roster looks pretty much the same as last year with some very strong players, so I think that they are the favorite now, even though the coaching quality is a question (yes, he's a very nice man, but I'm not sure he's got the strong coaching background of those he's been coaching against).

Word out of the Suns-Vikings camp is that they all think they have the best team in the age group, but they are a collection of players who have yet to show they can win anything with their former or current teams. They have played weak competition at tournaments and appear to be a medium sized fish in a pond of guppies.

Blazers could be a dark horse. Have been training hard already and look poised for a run. Blazers teams always work hard on the field, and they may be the team nobody wants to play.

I do wish MPS would make a serious run, but I just don't see it happening in this age group.

Comment

Stars look good.

Puma won't be too strong, though they did well in bethesda.

Blast have been decimated.

Western will be very strong, they gained more than they lost, and are now playing region 1 premier.

I don't see MPS doing anything.

Vikings will compete.

I dont know much about the Blazers.

NE Eagles? Crusaders? Not sure of their deal

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
        Forget the Blast. Their best players have gone to DAP teams. Puma lost a couple of their better kids to the Revs, and Western lost their best player to a DAP.

Stars roster looks pretty much the same as last year with some very strong players, so I think that they are the favorite now, even though the coaching quality is a question (yes, he's a very nice man, but I'm not sure he's got the strong coaching background of those he's been coaching against).

Word out of the Suns-Vikings camp is that they all think they have the best team in the age group, but they are a collection of players who have yet to show they can win anything with their former or current teams. They have played weak competition at tournaments and appear to be a medium sized fish in a pond of guppies.

Blazers could be a dark horse. Have been training hard already and look poised for a run. Blazers teams always work hard on the field, and they may be the team nobody wants to play.

I do wish MPS would make a serious run, but I just don't see it happening in this age group.
        All good observations, on the potential results. However, the seedings are different. Blast will 1, Puma will be 2, etc..

Comment

[quote="PlayersGame"]Stars look good. [quote="PlayersGame"]

BAsed on ?

[quote="PlayersGame"]Puma won't be too strong, though they did well in bethesda. [quote="PlayersGame"]

Will be strong, finished 2nd

[quote="PlayersGame"]Blast have been decimated.[quote="PlayersGame"]

Will compete as the #1 seed

[quote="PlayersGame"]Western will be very strong, they gained more than they lost, and are now playing region 1 premier. [quote="PlayersGame"]

Favorite for league and SC

[quote="PlayersGame"]Vikings will compete.[quote="PlayersGame"]

Did not place in their fall event

Comment

Puma didn't play great teams at Bethesda. And they lost to Albertson, a perrennial region 1 team. The results there don't tell us anything.

And the Vinkings played even weaker teams at their fall tournamernt.

As for the SC seeds, what's to discuss? Aren't thety already determined based on last year's SC play?

Comment

Originally posted by PlayersGame
              Stars look good. Agree

Puma won't be too strong, though they did well in bethesda. They may win a few but not be a serious threat

Blast have been decimated. Too bad

Western will be very strong, they gained more than they lost, and are now playing region 1 premier. Agree, my favorite

I don't see MPS doing anything. I wouldnt count either the Boston or the Cape side out

Vikings will compete. Im not so sure but I have been wrong about them before

I dont know much about the Blazers.

NE Eagles? Crusaders? Not sure of their deal Eagles should do ok. Crusaders will be a non factor like the rest of their teams except the U17 girls.

Comment

i think western stars and vikings will be the teams to beat. Western always competes, Stars didn't lose too much, and Vikings have a good enough team, they just need the results. Lots of new players=more time to gel. One of the bolts kids was away for their fall tournament but they still need to prove themselves.

Puma and Blast make up the next group of teams. hit hard by DAP, i think Puma will be stronger than blast, seems like Puma got more new players than blast.

Crusaders, NE Eagles, MPS, and Blazers would be next. Crusaders added a very good player who had always played MPS but made the switch this year and should be a big difference to their team. Dont know too much about NE Eagles but will probably compete fairly well, and MPS could have made a good run, but lost best player to CU and another good player to Puma. Not to sure who's on Blazers, anyone wanna clue me in on what kind of players they got?

Comment

One of the bolts kids was away for their fall tournament but they still need to prove themselves.
                  Yes, and that Bolts team won so much with him (and them).....

Comment

If your going to be like that than we might as well say that the only good players are on blast because they are the only team that as won sooo much.

Comment

MPS could have made a good run, but lost best player to CU and another good player to Puma. Not to sure who's on Blazers, anyone wanna clue me in on what kind of players they got?
                      Hardly the best player, solid but not the best

Comment

who would you guys predict to be the two finals team? Any thoughts on who might take it all?

Comment

If your going to be like that than we might as well say that the only good players are on blast because they are the only team that as won sooo much.
                          Well, yes....recent results would certainly confirm that.

Comment

Originally posted by soocerfan123456789
                            who would you guys predict to be the two finals team? Any thoughts on who might take it all?
                            Western and Puma in finals, WU winning.

Blazers, Crusaders, Eagles, SFV or Stars will join Blast in group play.

Comment

Well, yes....recent results would certainly confirm that.[/quote]

You're ignorant for thinking only good players are on the best teams.

I think final four will be WU, Stars, Vikings and Puma. Stars vs Vikings in final

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X