Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone recommend a quality club on the East Side?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone recommend a quality club on the East Side?

I'm looking for a quality club for my son who will be playing in U-8 this year. I've read a bit about Vardar East, FC Nova, Carpathia, etc. but I have not been overly impressed. I've recently been made aware of Michigan Revolution and Michigan Burn but have not been able to find out too much about these clubs.

Any insight you might be able to provide is greatly appreciated.

Waza east...good development in the younger ages

Comment

VE

Vardar East has the National Competitive Coach of the Year training and coaching there!!

Comment

Not Vardar now, would have recommended before

I would have recommended Vardar as a club, but because I have lost faith in their ability to make good decisions about who they hire or work with. They work with a coach that has a felony and currently has a personal protection order against him. There have been a few newspaper articles written about him that are posted here. This coach also wrote some questionable provocative letters to a underage girl from prison and I believe MSYSA has disqualified him because he can't get risk management insurance. MSYSA and USYSA need to keep an eye on the u14B team. Not every parent wants MC coaching on that team but they have no choice because if they speak up, there will be punishment for the child. Vardar will put children in harm's way by working with this coach behind the backs of the authorities that are there to protect children. If you choose Vardar, ask them the names of every coach/trainer that works with their club (not just those that they list). Then check out those people with MSYSA, articles online, etc, and then do not participate with any club that tries to work around rules that are designed to protect children.

Comment

What the heck Boo Boo Kitty?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I would have recommended Vardar as a club, but because I have lost faith in their ability to make good decisions about who they hire or work with. They work with a coach that has a felony and currently has a personal protection order against him. There have been a few newspaper articles written about him that are posted here. This coach also wrote some questionable provocative letters to a underage girl from prison and I believe MSYSA has disqualified him because he can't get risk management insurance. MSYSA and USYSA need to keep an eye on the u14B team. Not every parent wants MC coaching on that team but they have no choice because if they speak up, there will be punishment for the child. Vardar will put children in harm's way by working with this coach behind the backs of the authorities that are there to protect children. If you choose Vardar, ask them the names of every coach/trainer that works with their club (not just those that they list). Then check out those people with MSYSA, articles online, etc, and then do not participate with any club that tries to work around rules that are designed to protect children.
          Hey I like the staff at Vardar and the letters were not that bad. I mean come on, they did not get him arrested now did they. What is the big deal.

Comment

MI Revoultion

http://www.mirevolution.net/

Good program not outrageously expensive, kids have fun and they do quite well. Best thing is come out to a practice meet the coaches talk to the parents. Revolution does well they will have 2 u-9 boys teams this year, and one u-8, several u-10 boys program. Dan Chunn is great with younger kids, really treats them well and kids respond. Neil Gilbert is great. SO yes my son and duaghter play for Revolution and have been with club for 3 years and have developed quite nicely. They like it and that is what counts. The club doesnt make kids not enjoy the game. SO those are my .02 good luck in your search.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Hey I like the staff at Vardar and the letters were not that bad. I mean come on, they did not get him arrested now did they. What is the big deal.
              Nah, he just stuck his tongue down the throat of that fourteen-year-old girl. No big deal, right, all you dads of young teen-aged girls?

Comment

Vardar east

Vardar east is a substandard club -- nothing like the "real" vardar club! Vardar east coaches only care about $$, not the kids/parents

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X