1) Bolts (barely)
    1A) Stars
    3) Eagles
    4) Western
    4A) CU
    5) Puma

Honorable Mention: Bruno, Explosion, FC United, Fuller, Vikings

Re: Club rankings

Too high for Bolts on girls side. Would bump them out and add Puma or CU. Also would bump Bolts out of #1 for Overall. Would add North Shore and probably Pioneers to honorable mention.

Comment

North Shore???

Comment

Bolts on the girls side???? No D1 teams except the U18s if they can field a team this spring (and they barely escaped relegation last year). Unclear if they will field a U15 or U16 team. Don't have a U17 team. Other teams are MASC or MAPLE D2/D.

Comment

Corrections below:

Girls

1) Stars
          2) Scorps
          3) MPS
          4) Western
          5) Aztecs
          6) Eagles

Boys

1) Bolts
          2) Blazers
          3) Eagles
          4) Western
          5) MPS

Young MAPLE parents do not see MPS until State Cup and are shocked and older MPS parents remember the early days of MPS, not the strong teams that have been developed over the past several years. They will compete in semifinals and finals at a rate this year once again only comparable to Stars, Scorps on the girls side, and may get 2-3 teams that far on the boys side. Additionally they are competitive on regional level at the higher levels accross the board. On the girls side the U13's have already knocked out the Eagles and the U14 and U15 girls teams are seeded #2 in the state.

The others mentioned earlier are either imploding or one or two hit wonders. Only the Stars, Scorps, Bolts and MPS has enough depth in their coaching to be at the top of these lists. Eagles and Aztecs are close on that level.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest

Overall

1) Bolts (barely)
            1A) Stars
            3) Eagles
            4) Western
            4A) CU
            5) Puma
            What are you smoking?

Comment

Blazers seem to be the big gainer from the ranks of the disaffected from several clubs. I am sure like everything else, that love affair will pass at some stage. But for right now, it has pushed them up the boys ranks.

Comment

Blazers are only "up there" because they left the Bolts and took a lot of players/people with them. Can you imagine if Blazers had broken off from South Shore Select? The trick is obvious. Get a job at a top club and then break away to start your own club. Not hard to figure that out. It has been done about 50 times. Blazers will fade as all the others do because there is no-one in charge that is reasonable.

Comment

Blazers are only "up there" because they left the Bolts and took a lot of players/people with them. Can you imagine if Blazers had broken off from South Shore Select? The trick is obvious. Get a job at a top club and then break away to start your own club. Not hard to figure that out. It has been done about 50 times. Blazers will fade as all the others do because there is no-one in charge that is reasonable.
                  The success that has been reaped upon the Bolts by winning Regionals and Nationals is thanks to that Blazers coach. What would be their record of accomplishments be otherwise?

Comment

Guest wrote:
                    Overall

1) Bolts (barely)
                    1A) Stars
                    3) Eagles
                    4) Western
                    4A) CU
                    5) Puma

What are you smoking?
                    What is your ranking?

I did have Bolts too high...didn't realize how far they had fallen on girls side. Stars is #1 by a significant margin. If you calculate by what clubs have 3 or more teams in girls AND boys in MAPLE D1, Blue, or higher (Reg. 1, DAP, etc.), then battling for #2 in no particular order are Eagles, Crusaders, and Western, with Puma close behind. Not counting MPS, but they would be in the mix here. Bolts and Scorps, although top regional clubs with one gender, do not make top 5 OVERALL.

Comment

The Blazers coach has rode that National win a long way. What has he won since then?

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBTINGTHOMAS
                        The Blazers coach has rode that National win a long way. What has he won since then?
                        What has Bolts won since he left?

To be honest, I wouldn't have my son play for him, but the fact remains he did have a lot to do with the recent National visibility of the Bolts.

Comment

And what will they win going forward? Maybe in DAP, but not otherwise. Blazers will do better regionally than the non DAP Bolts teams. The record this one coach achieved was with older teams, so I would imagine that he'll likely accomplish similar results with the Blazers given enough time with a team. Bolts, and other DAP teams, are in a bit if a quandry. The step up to DAP is huge and it leaves an even bigger hole in their non DAP program.

Comment

Fact is, a lot of folks out there thought the departure of said coach with a lot of players would lead to the collapse of the Bolts. As we know it didnt happen. Give credit to kerr for having the vision to get on board the D.A.P. from the start when there were a lot of unknowns with regard to the program.The kids who stayed with the Bolts or filled the gaps all seemed to have done quite well with regard to college acceptance. Yes I agree the D.A.P. program leads to a possible weakness in the younger ages. I am sure other D.A.P. clubs have also become aware of this and I Would be surprised if it is not addressed. Bottom line your kid has a far better chance of being seen at one of the myriad games and showcases in the D.A.P. program then the limited opportunities afforded outside this program. Good luck to Blazers in State cup and Region 1

Comment

And what will they win going forward? Maybe in DAP, but not otherwise. Blazers will do better regionally than the non DAP Bolts teams. The record this one coach achieved was with older teams, so I would imagine that he'll likely accomplish similar results with the Blazers given enough time with a team. Bolts, and other DAP teams, are in a bit if a quandry. The step up to DAP is huge and it leaves an even bigger hole in their non DAP program.
                              As a parent of a U-13 Boy (not Bolts) I guess i see this a bit differently. My son has stopped playing all other sports and wants to go as far as he can in soccer. He plans to try out for the Bolts this spring as he wants to try to be in the "pipeline" for the development academy.
                              I can see a lot of boys who are totally comittted to soccer thinking this same way. It's great that the Rev's have a DA team as well, but they have no pipeline. We think (maybe we are wrong, but I don't think so), that the Bolts will give consideration and will have a great track record for the boys already in their club. I think the DA will make all the Bolts younger teams stronger, that's why we wnat to get in now if we can.
                              I have also heard the there is a new pre-DA league being formed for 14's and 15's. Seems to me that "doing better" regionally as you state above seems to indicate that you're all about the results, not the development.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X