Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U15 GIRLS

Any chatter about the 15s out there? There were many moves and certainly lots of predictions to be made. Allow me to start with my Maple D1 and State Cup predictions:

SC
    1. Stars leave a mess and run away with it, far ahead of all by years' end
    2. Scorps best of the rest, but not by much
    3. Renegades mount another serious threat and make at least semis
    4. look for new blood and surprises- Aztecs, Pasa, Stars Athletic and maybe Blackhawks
    5. Fuller and Bolts out--if they even have an eligible team thanks to continuity of roster
    6. this leaves spots open for lesser teams such as Nova and CU and MPSC

D1
    1. with the Big 2 out it is wide open--GOOD!! Look for Stars Athletic to gel and finish up top-they have 5 or 6 kids from a national final on this squad
    2. Pasa has talent to play with any team- a new coach may have an effect
    3. Blackhawks lost 3 or 4 to Explosion but always play tough
    4. CU picked up 3 Fuller Hamlets and made themselves stronger
    5. Nova lost 3 to MPSC and could feel an effect
    6. Explosion scores a lot and got a new coach and 3 Blackhawkers, they will be tough
    7. Scorps B will struggle and be lucky to get a win
    8. Hamlets are decimated (lost at least 9 players), they likely do not get a win

Aztecs ans Select will be in D1 next year

Re: U15 GIRLS

Amazing you know this much about player movement at this age group. Any impact players currently playing up dropping down like Haley Brock did a couple years ago?

Thought people only followed U13 :smt002

Good predictions, other than underestimating MPS Lady Crusaders. They missed the round robin last Spring losing to their sister team 2-1 in a very close game. Renegades went on to lose 1-0 to Stars United in the finals.

MPS Cape Cod is a very disciplined, hard working, in a U16 Stars Rovers manner, team that should not be underestimated. If they add midfield and scoring depth, or get a better draw, they will be in the final 8, with a realistic shot at top 4.

Comment

Originally posted by HAJAMON
      Any chatter about the 15s out there? There were many moves and certainly lots of predictions to be made. Allow me to start with my Maple D1 and State Cup predictions:

SC
      4. look for new blood and surprises- Aztecs, Pasa, Stars Athletic and maybe Blackhawks
      5. Fuller and Bolts out--if they even have an eligible team thanks to continuity of roster

D1
      1. with the Big 2 out it is wide open--GOOD!! Look for Stars Athletic to gel and finish up top-they have 5 or 6 kids from a national final on this squad
      6. Explosion scores a lot and got a new coach and 3 Blackhawkers, they will be tough
      8. Hamlets are decimated (lost at least 9 players), they likely do not get a win

Nova had lost 3 or 4 starters at the end of last season, and now recently lost the 3 additional players to MPSC. They will not be nearly as competitive as they were last Spring. BTW, what is going on at Nova? All of their teams seems to be disbanding or folding? Will they evan exist this time next year???

Comment

Originally posted by Guest

SC

D1

Nova had lost 3 or 4 starters at the end of last season, and now recently lost the 3 additional players to MPSC. They will not be nearly as competitive as they were last Spring. BTW, what is going on at Nova? All of their teams seems to be disbanding or folding? Will they evan exist this time next year???
        It is a shame that so many talented players left the Nova U15 team. It is hard to imagine they will be able to stay in Div. 1? Why did the U14 team disband? They were also a good team?

Comment

Originally posted by offside
          Amazing you know this much about player movement at this age group. Any impact players currently playing up dropping down like Haley Brock did a couple years ago?

Good predictions, other than underestimating MPS Lady Crusaders. They missed the round robin last Spring losing to their sister team 2-1 in a very close game. Renegades went on to lose 1-0 to Stars United in the finals.

MPS Cape Cod is a very disciplined, hard working, in a U16 Stars Rovers manner, team that should not be underestimated. If they add midfield and scoring depth, or get a better draw, they will be in the final 8, with a realistic shot at top 4.
          Fair point. It was more due to a lack of familiarity on my part that they were not mentioned at the top. I really wish they would play Maple at this age as both MPS teams would strengthen D1.

Comment

SC

D1

It is a shame that so many talented players left the Nova U15 team. It is hard to imagine they will be able to stay in Div. 1? Why did the U14 team disband? They were also a good team?
            THE COACH IS A PARENT AND MANY KIDS HAVE LEFT BECAUSE OF HIM. THE WHOLE CLUB IS GOING DOWN WITH ONLY 4 TEAMS THIS SPRING.

Comment

Originally posted by offside

the game was not really that close, it could have been a 3 or 4 goal game, and should have

Comment

I have a question (an honest one). Who are/were Stars Rovers? I didn't see them before the NEWSS.

Comment

Nova had lost 3 or 4 starters at the end of last season, and now recently lost the 3 additional players to MPSC. They will not be nearly as competitive as they were last Spring. BTW, what is going on at Nova? All of their teams seems to be disbanding or folding? Will they evan exist this time next year???[/quote]

It is a shame that so many talented players left the Nova U15 team. It is hard to imagine they will be able to stay in Div. 1? Why did the U14 team disband? They were also a good team?[/quote]THE COACH IS A PARENT AND MANY KIDS HAVE LEFT BECAUSE OF HIM. THE WHOLE CLUB IS GOING DOWN WITH ONLY 4 TEAMS THIS SPRING.[/quote]

Have to agree. Coaching was a problem with this team. Both the coach and the assistant coach have a kid on this team. This type of situation very rarely works. It's a shame. This WAS a pretty decent team.

Comment

Originally posted by mathman
                    I have a question (an honest one). Who are/were Stars Rovers? I didn't see them before the NEWSS.
                    Stars went from 2 to 3 teams at U15. Rovers (formerly Athletics) are coached by Baker and finished top of Maple D. They will play in D2 this spring. United played in Maple D1 and R1PL last spring, but is only doing R1PL and Red Bull under Baker. A team consisting of some of the United players will remain in Maple D1 and will go under the name Athletics to be coached by Alnwick. Don't know why they didn't just call this team the Rovers and avoid a lot of confusion.

Comment

Both the coach and the assistant coach have a kid on this team. This type of situation very rarely works.
                      Ironic how Stars are adding a team at this age to be coached by a parent coach.

Comment

Both the coach and the assistant coach have a kid on this team. This type of situation very rarely works.
                        Ironic how Stars are adding a team at this age to be coached by a parent coach.
                        Good point. I am surprised that this is happening at Stars.

Comment

SC

D1

where did they all go? who replaced them?

Comment

SC

D1

Three went to Crusaders, one to Scorps, two Stars #1, one to Stars #2. I am not sure if the new kids at Stars will have an impact as that team is stacked top to bottom now, but the 3 players at Crusaders should make them much better as there is much room for improvement on a fairly thin side

Comment

SC

D1

Three went to Crusaders, one to Scorps, two Stars #1, one to Stars #2. I am not sure if the new kids at Stars will have an impact as that team is stacked top to bottom now, but the 3 players at Crusaders should make them much better as there is much room for improvement on a fairly thin side

Some CU bashing? They seem to be a sore spot for a few out there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X