Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAPLE......and the 100 clubs

How can anyone take MAPLE seriously anymore with the 100+ different entities?

Re: MAPLE......and the 100 clubs

Originally posted by Guest
    This isn't news. It's been like that for years.

Comment

Only the U13 parents take MAPLE seriously. The rest of us realized it was a total joke years ago.

Comment

I always get a kick out of reading the coaches bios............seriously playing MAPL or club is not going to end up getting you into a better college or a scholarship. It all depends on how hard the kid wants to work. So many parents getting scammed.

Comment

I always get a kick out of reading the coaches bios............seriously playing MAPL or club is not going to end up getting you into a better college or a scholarship. It all depends on how hard the kid wants to work. So many parents getting scammed.
          This is half true.

Playing Maple wont get you into a better college, nor will Super Y, Red Bull, etc. Its the club but more importantly its the college and what the coach is looking for but even more important its the student athlete. They alone control their destiny per the last sentence above.

Comment

Only the U13 parents take MAPLE seriously. The rest of us realized it was a total joke years ago.
            Don't forget the parents of any kid that didn't make a DAP team, an MPS team, or a team playing in any regional league. Now they can win MAPLE, so it's suddenly a viable league........for them.

Comment

Don't forget the parents of any kid that didn't make a DAP team, an MPS team, or a team playing in any regional league. Now they can win MAPLE, so it's suddenly a viable league........for them.
              Post of the year! =D>

Comment

Get off your high horse. Maple serves it's purpose and it serves it fairly well. It's just no longer the highest league available for ambitions players. So what? Choice is good and it's good that players in Mass have so many options.

Comment

Get off your high horse. Maple serves it's purpose and it serves it fairly well. It's just no longer the highest league available for ambitions players. So what? Choice is good and it's good that players in Mass have so many options.[/quote]

Oh zip it, poster was right on the money.

Comment

Get off your high horse. Maple serves it's purpose and it serves it fairly well. It's just no longer the highest league available for ambitions players. So what? Choice is good and it's good that players in Mass have so many options.
                    Oh zip it, poster was right on the money.[/quote]

Actually the post in red is right on the money.

Comment

They both were.

Comment

The league IS viable for those who wish to play in it. Not everyone can afford the costs that comes in dollars and hours spent that are required to play for the top level teams who are leaving Maple. Just look at the lists of HS All Star girls, many of whom are playing multiple sports. It is very difficult to do both and play on a top level team. For those who want to play other sports Maple is a good option and there is nothing wrong with setting a goal to be the best in the league or in their division. Teams that win Maple or D2 or D3 should be applauded for their effort rather than derided for staying with the league by some joker in this God forsaken forum.

Comment

What is wrong with MAPLE? They offer an open league and based on their results teams can be promoted and relegated to play teams of similar abilities. If the teams arent of sufficient quality (I think that may be why the poster(s) think the league is a 'joke') for the guest poster(s) then I would ask is that MAPLEs fault or the clubs entering the teams?

In my view MAPLE is well designed, well organized and well managed.

If some of the better Mass. teams choose to play in a regional level league is that a negative reflection on MAPLE? That doesnt make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmmm...
                            What is wrong with MAPLE? They offer an open league and based on their results teams can be promoted and relegated to play teams of similar abilities. If the teams arent of sufficient quality (I think that may be why the poster(s) think the league is a 'joke') for the guest poster(s) then I would ask is that MAPLEs fault or the clubs entering the teams?

If some of the better Mass. teams choose to play in a regional level league is that a negative reflection on MAPLE? That doesnt make sense to me.
                            Thanks Kathy, yes its Maple fault by allowing just anyone to enter a team

Comment

Originally posted by Hmmm...

nothing wrong with MAPLe or any league or club.. Its all about the club and your kid and his age and basic need for development.. if you feel hes should get more development he belongs in certain club .. if you feel his athleticism will carry the day for him then he can skip more development at younger ages and hope he retains his athletic advantage he can play with certain clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X