• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobles

http://www.boston.com/sports/schools/so ... _gets_old/

Re: Nobles

Originally posted by Guest
    http://www.boston.com/sports/schools/soccer/articles/2008/12/14/for_nobles_girls_soccer_players_playing_in_postsea son_never_gets_old/
    Congratulations to Nobles, the girls and their coach!!! For a team and a few players that were repeatedly 'trashed' on this forum, it must be sweet redemption.

Comment

http://www.boston.com/sports/schools/soccer/articles/2008/12/14/for_nobles_girls_soccer_players_playing_in_postsea son_never_gets_old/
      Congratulations to Nobles, the girls and their coach!!! For a team and a few players that were repeatedly 'trashed' on this forum, it must be sweet redemption.
      When were they trashed? It seems like they had their own PR thing going on the ISL forum and some of their parents went a bit overboard stating they could beat the best public schools in the state hands down and the ISL is the only place to see good soccer, etc.

This doesn't take away from the team's accomplishment of course. Congrats to the players and coach.

Comment

When were they trashed?
        Every team/coach/player/club with a modicum of success gets trashed on this forum.

Comment

most people don't even know where nobles is much less care about.

Comment

most people don't even know where nobles is much less care about.
            Ignorance is blissful, I guess.

For those of you who don't know of Nobles visit www.Nobles.edu (Nobles has a national reputation for the quality of it's student body and the successes of its student body). For those of you who wish to continue in your 'bliss', good for you!

Nobles is a coeducational, nonsectarian day and boarding school for students in grades seven through twelve. It is located on a 187-acre campus in Dedham, Massachusetts. The current enrollment of 567 includes a balance of boys and girls; 50 are weekly boarders who go home for weekends. Twenty-three percent of our student body are people of color. The majority of students are from Massachusetts, neighboring states and occasionally from abroad. After graduation, virtually all members of the senior class go on to accredited four-year colleges and universities.

The Mission of Noble and Greenough School

Noble and Greenough School is a rigorous academic community that strives for excellence in its classroom teaching, intellectual growth in its students and commitment to the arts, athletics and service to others.

Our diverse community draws together the range of experience from people of different backgrounds and promotes the principles of respect for self and for others in all its activities.

Further, the school encourages students to develop within themselves qualities of curiosity, integrity, civility and humor. Nobles believes in the educational benefit of a supportive environment. The caring relationships between faculty and students develop confidence within young people and encourage them to work toward their highest potential.

Comment

How much does it cost to go there?

Comment

About $40K more than Newton N, Wellesley HS or Lexington. That doesn't include the $5K you apparently need to spend to dress appropriately. Harris Tweed jackets, wide whales and pink polos are still acceptable.

Comment

About $40K more than Newton N, Wellesley HS or Lexington. That doesn't include the $5K you apparently need to spend to dress appropriately. Harris Tweed jackets, wide whales and pink polos are still acceptable.
                  $40K? Is that the base tuition or does that include boarding?

Comment

Isn't nobles half a book store, Bad joke.

Great school, my daughter's friend went there. My daughter went to a lowly public school. They know live across the hall from each other in College, her parents were shocked to see me and three other kids from the lowly public school on moving in day. Just a fun story.

Comment

Great school, my daughter's friend went there. My daughter went to a lowly public school. They know live across the hall from each other in College, her parents were shocked to see me and three other kids from the lowly public school on moving in day. Just a fun story.
                      Gee, I hope your daughter has better grammar and spelling skills than you....did you attend that lowly public school, too?

Comment

Gee, I hope your daughter has better grammar and spelling skills than you....did you attend that lowly public school, too?

I am lost without spell check. So nice of you to point that out!!! I am much better with numbers. As I mentioned it was just a funny story, nothing more nothing less.

Nobles is a great school and a great campus. It is a lot of $$ and if you have the $$ why not spend it on your kid.

Comment

I ran the original post through the website here:

http://www.whitesmoke.com/punctuation-check.html

The only thing wrong with it is the word "know" and the capital "C".

I'm glad I am not as @nal as you.

Comment

Know/now could be as simple as a key-stroke error. Capitalizing “college” is technically incorrect. However, since it obviously refers to a specific institution, it should not be considered a capital offense.

Unfortunately, the second post reinforces the stereotype of the prep/private parent as an elitist snob. That is too bad because many are not elitist or snobbish. Friend, this is an internet talk forum. Obviously, the traditional and formal rules of grammar, and decorum, are not applicable.

Comment

Boy I am not use to being defended so well. Thanks!

I rarely spend time proof reading to catch my little errors in this forum. The cap. C was specific to the college and I thought better than precede the College with the specfic college. The (K)now is a common error of mine, 30 times on the chaulkboard. I usually catch that on a reread. I did not see a grammer problem but I was close to a run on sentence.

On another note I watched a Belmont Hill Hockey team and what a great team they are to watch, like Nobles soccer teams. I find it interesting that there is such a wide difference in talent among ISL teams. I wonder if that is good for the league

ps I reread once and found 1 error there may be more. It is like find Waldo.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X