Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theft from kids

A New Jersey kids' soccer club is suing Count Me In, a company based on Bellevue, Wash., for not turning over $142,000 in registration fees, according to the Seattle Times.

According to the lawsuit filed by the Montclair United Soccer Club, the club used Count Me In to collect fees from parents for their kids to participate in soccer. Rather than checks or cash, parents were able to use Count Me In to pay with a credit card online. After collecting the money, Count Me In would then send the total collected fees to the club.

But the lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court on Nov. 10, alleges that Count Me In collected more than $210,000 in registration fees and donations but only gave a little more than $67,000 back to the club.

The Seattle Times says the New Jersey club still doesn't know what happened to the additional funds or exactly how much is missing.

"I think these are really important questions," Marina Len, the attorney representing the Montclair United Soccer Club, told the Seattle Times.

No one from Count Me In, including CEO J. Terrence Drayton, could be reached by the Seattle Times for comment.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X