Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high school vs Club

Does Club provide for high schools, or does High schools provide for club?

i have had this conversation with different people.

Arguement 1 --- Club is everything. High school is a break and more of a fun thing.

Arguement 2 -- High School is everything. Club is just there to train the player to play well in high school.

Neither.

Comment

Argument 1.

Comment

Ditto - argument 1.

High school is a social/recreational level game, regardless of your school's rank or record.

Comment

It is all about club. The kids looking to play at the next level (college) are in the clubs. The recruiters are not normally at the high school games, they are at the showcase tournaments.

I believe you will notice tha the stronger high school teams tend to be loaded with club talent and 'usually' the high schooll near the clubs are the strongest

My opinion

Comment

Many kids play club and HS, but get more enjoyment out of HS. In most clubs you don't get to play under the lights with a bunch of your classmates cheering you on. Nor do you get your name and picture in the paper as often. I agree club is more serious, but HS is often more memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
              Many kids play club and HS, but get more enjoyment out of HS. In most clubs you don't get to play under the lights with a bunch of your classmates cheering you on. Nor do you get your name and picture in the paper as often. I agree club is more serious, but HS is often more memorable.
              These memories are talking an abrupt change. Certain High School coaches are now foricng the Club players to make a choice: High School or Club knowing all well, the training, at the High School level is inferior, the games are, for the most part, inferior, and Collge coaches do not attend these games. This needs to be addressed. They are putting their personal agenda ahead of what's in the best interest of the player.

Comment

These memories are talking an abrupt change. Certain High School coaches are now foricng the Club players to make a choice: High School or Club knowing all well, the training, at the High School level is inferior, the games are, for the most part, inferior, and Collge coaches do not attend these games. This needs to be addressed. They are putting their personal agenda ahead of what's in the best interest of the player.
                You must be from the Orlando area. Don't know of any other coaches getting away with that.
                It's a common practice in other states. It works there because HS soccer is not a winter sport and it doesn't conflict with the big recruiting tournaments. It is totally unreasonable in Florida where any player that wants to play in college would have to choose to not participate on their HS team. Some of the most fun and memorable times they will ever have in HS.
                Just band together and tell the HS coach that when he gets a few hundred, high quality, college coaches to show up at his HS tournament, you'll skip the club tournament. That does it in most cases, but I've heard there are a few wacko exceptions.

Comment

Although my daughter really enjoys playing for her high school, she has elected to forego her senior season of high school soccer to focus on her club team. She realizes that the longer the high school season goes on, the more her skills deteriorate, which in turn has a negative effect on her club and will influence her college options. Her high school team will likely go through to the regionals, but her club team is a very good team which has brought her much attention from college coaches. I'm sure this was a tough choice for her, but I'm glad she made it.

Comment

Although my daughter really enjoys playing for her high school, she has elected to forego her senior season of high school soccer to focus on her club team. She realizes that the longer the high school season goes on, the more her skills deteriorate, which in turn has a negative effect on her club and will influence her college options. Her high school team will likely go through to the regionals, but her club team is a very good team which has brought her much attention from college coaches. I'm sure this was a tough choice for her, but I'm glad she made it.
                    If she was a high caliber player, she would already be committed by her senior year. The fact that she isn't says alot.

Comment

And I can't imagine if your daughter was that good, that her skills would deteriorate during the season. She is still playing atleast 2 days a week.

Comment

If she was a high caliber player, she would already be committed by her senior year. The fact that she isn't says alot.
                        That's right. Is she a Senior this year or next? She should be commited by the time HS starts in her Senior year and the only reason to not play would be if she was overly concerned about getting injured.

Comment

agree- and ive had two players make that choice and got hurt in club before they left for college!!!!! Actually, labor day before their senior year! So stupid!

Comment

agree- and ive had two players make that choice and got hurt in club before they left for college!!!!! Actually, labor day before their senior year! So stupid!
                            Agreed. they can get hurt at any time. The last thing the college coaches want them to do is get overly concerned about injuries.

Comment

The post indicates future high school ops so she isn't a senior yet and as such can't have any offers. It would appear that you are not a high caliber reader or thinker.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X