Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'11+' reduces severe female football injuries by almost half

This study, conducted by the new FIFA Medical Centre of Excellence at the Oslo Sports Trauma Research Centre in Norway and published today in the distinguished British Medical Journal, showed that the '11+' warm-up reduced total injuries by a third and severe injuries by almost a half.

"The '11+' programme should be implemented as a key element of football training. In fact, every coach and team physician needs to be aware of its positive effects and results," said Prof. Jiri Dvorak, chairman of F-MARC.
    The '11+' programme combines warm-up exercises from two previously successful prevention programmes - the 'F-MARC 11' and 'PEP' - and consists of a combination of slow and speed running, as well as exercises to improve strength, balance, muscle control and core stability

Here's the article on Fifa.com

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/developin ... 74799.html

Here's a link to the warmup program.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdevel ... ster2n.pdf

Re: '11+' reduces severe female football injuries by almost half

Thank you for posting this. Interesting that you got no replies. Seems most people who post here would rather rip apart other people's kids, coaches and teams than discuss important issues that really do effect all of our children. It makes me sad that no one has anything to say about the first informative and intelligent I have seen post on this board in months.

Comment

Re: '11+' reduces severe female football injuries by almost half

Originally posted by Guest
      Thank you for posting this. Interesting that you got no replies. Seems most people who post here would rather rip apart other people's kids, coaches and teams than discuss important issues that really do effect all of our children. It makes me sad that no one has anything to say about the first informative and intelligent I have seen post on this board in months.
      There is nothing to argue about so why post?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X