Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does your hs coach suck?

I have to vent...my child does not have a great deal of talent of which the HS team was formed, but these are all kids trying.

The coach is collecting a check. We miss practices, training is a joke, he makes them run like crazy, and he misses games to attend his club teams practice. He regularly makes doragatory comments about the kidsa\.

I would be the last person in the world to think our school would compete most times, but the kids deserve more.........

four days before districts and we have not practiced one time.

what does a parent do?

Start by stating what school you are from? That way people will know and he will probably hear about it. Maybe he will listen.

If it is really that bad talk to the coach. If not talk to the School.

You probably won't get anywhere but that is about all you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
      Start by stating what school you are from? That way people will know and he will probably hear about it. Maybe he will listen.

If it is really that bad talk to the coach. If not talk to the School.

You probably won't get anywhere but that is about all you can do.

Thanks.....

Comment

Sue the coach for identity theft. He seems to be not something he claims to be.

Comment

Yes, my kids high school coach is horrible. We had a good one a couple of years ago but the coach had to quit and we got stuck with xx.

Comment

no my coach is a great coach...he tells us strait up what we do wrong...he works us hard and just has helped us all the time...he has also cooked for us too..and hes hurt

Comment

Our coach treats the team like a social experiment. It doesn't matter who can ball, it's all about the social aspect. Team building exercises like going to eat together or going bowling is more important to the coach than whether or not you put out 100% on the field. It is sad too, because we have not had the season that everyone predicted and the few good players on the team are getting worse and the marginal "party" players are getting all the love. I hope we have an early exit in Districts so that we can get back to Club. edited

Comment

[quote="Anonymous"]Our coach treats the team like a social experiment. It doesn't matter who can ball, it's all about the social aspect. Team building exercises like going to eat together or going bowling is more important to the coach than whether or not you put out 100% on the field. It is sad too, because we have not had the season that everyone predicted and the few good players on the team are getting worse and the marginal "party" players are getting all the love. I hope we have an early exit in Districts so that we can get back to Club. edited
                x? Never heard of him. He must coach at a small school like 1A or 2A.

Comment

Require a license!

Comment

Dunedin boys coach.

Comment

A license does not guarantee anyhing. [-(

Comment

A license does not guarantee anyhing. [-(
                        My daughters's coach... A Pinellas county girls coach is not great. I do not want to say he totally sucks, but he is close.

he is also a club coach, and a pretty good one i have heard. but, it is as if he made up his mind during the preseason tournament and has put forth that much effort. Most of his effort goes to his club team.

Our team will never be great, but if he put the effort in and truly trained the girls on the level that they are....there would be a great amount of improvement. I believe that they could compete.

It really is a shame. The kids deserve so much more........

Comment

The high school coaches I don't like are the ones that think soccer is all about running. They have them run 2 or 3 miles at practice and run 2 miles if they lost a game. How is one going to get better running miles and miles.
                          You should always run with a ball on your foot in my opinion. Just running for the sake of running makes you play the game at one speed, soccer is all about bursts of speed, pace changes throughout the game. Teams that run 3 miles in practice, play at a constant speed and can not pick up the pace during the game. Plus a lot of kids don't want to practice anymore because of all the running.
                          You don't see all that running on club teams or do you ? Any coaches that believe in running miles to build stamina ?

Comment

Require a license! Many coaches coach the way they were coached.
                            Remember , coach I hurt my ankle, keep playing , take it like a man.
                            Coach I'm dying of thirst , swallow your spit. Require a license!
                            Then the guys who don't know how to teach will be given a format for delivering the information. Sure some guys will never get it .
                            Gotta go to the Dr., or a healer. Hmm.

Comment

The high school coaches I don't like are the ones that think soccer is all about running. They have them run 2 or 3 miles at practice and run 2 miles if they lost a game. How is one going to get better running miles and miles.
                              You should always run with a ball on your foot in my opinion. Just running for the sake of running makes you play the game at one speed, soccer is all about bursts of speed, pace changes throughout the game. Teams that run 3 miles in practice, play at a constant speed and can not pick up the pace during the game. Plus a lot of kids don't want to practice anymore because of all the running.
                              You don't see all that running on club teams or do you ? Any coaches that believe in running miles to build stamina ?
                              i do all fitness with ball- but some players will never train hard enough for game fitness level...some do. problem is games that 8-0 or easy games-and players dont go out on their own to do anything. then hs soccer gets bad rap for having too many unfit players.... problem is those players dont have the commitment level to be fit on their own

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X