How are they doing down South?
    Who cares

Comment

Re: Scorpions U-16

Originally posted by Guest
      How are they doing down South?
      Who cares
      I think they will as they'll be missing the gala at the Field House tonight.

Comment

Team is on the verge of imploding.... Playing time is not earned, Coach Subscribes to the "Friends & Family" philosophy and half of team wants to quit. Going to be a very long year.

Comment

Wow, thought this was one of the best teams around!

Comment

It is. That poster is replying to himself. The team isnt unhappy in the least. They are a good team. They are tight. They are an example of youth soccer at its best. He is talking out his rear end. The only thing that allows it is the anonymity.

This is one of the guys (or the only guy) who has nothing better to do than dog Scorpions. He never has anything factual. Loser.

Comment

OK You want facts...
              1. During Nationals coach leaves in one of the "Friends & Family" Members is left in the last 30 minutes of the half hobbling with a broken foot.
              2. Regional player plays 5 minutes per game, destroys poor kids confidence. Sorry but if you get recognized as a Regional Player your skills warrant more than five minutes a half.
              3. In the last 3 minutes Miss a scoring opportunity in the state playoffs...coach pulls the player- player (Member of the "Friends & Family") starts to cry ... so coach pulls the player who sets up the scoring opportunity.
              4. Middle of game coach changes from a 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 (which at the time kids have never played before), then coach starts yelling at the players for being out of position. Poor kids had no clue what he was talking about.
              5. Coach loses track of substitutions, player gets injured - team plays rest of half with 10 players.

I could give more examples but this is why the team will ultimately implode... This is an important year for ALL of the girls to be Showcased - not just the "Friends & Family Members".

As a parent I could always respect Fred when he ran the team... He showed no favoritism, when a player made a mistake - he would yell & might pull the player off the field - but when the player came to the sideline he would calmly tell the player what she did wrong & put the player back on the field so the player would not lose confidence in their abilities. PLAYING TIME WAS EARNED - IT WAS NOT A BIRTHRITE....

This coach is an EXCELLENT Trainer, but he can't get out of his own way on Gameday. Please Fred make him the Director of Player Development & Training or let him cut his teeth on a younger group... The next 18 months are too important to ALL of the Girls.

P.S. Coach if you're going to continue to force the ball down the middle of the field into the teeth of the defence - Please realize that the 5 foot/90 pound forwards who play 75 minutes a game will continue to get run over and the team will continue to lose games 1-0. We all know that you want to prove that "Small Players Can Thrive" in competitive soccer - but coach please realize great small players like your sister are the exception - NOT the rule and it's OK to make substitutions at the forward & defencive positions - not just the Midfield ... All of these Girls can play have confidence in their abilities

After 2+ years - this has gone on way too long .... Fred please Talk to the coach before all that you & the girls worked so hard for is Lost.

Comment

i think i know who this poster is. i think his daughter left stars before she got cut, and then left scorps last year before she got cut, and not only did stars united not want her back, stars rovers also said no to the poor girl.

i have also heard that the coach isn't popular amongst many of his players, and i think the coach is in over his head, he's a new coach, but the poster here has an agenda and it's unfortunate. the team did well at regionals and actually played very competitively at CASL despite not having their nat superstar. this poster is well known.

Comment

This thread got ugly quick! One person dumps his bucket about their kids team and coach and then another poster rats out who they “think” is the poster trashing the team is. Another reason stay off of this stupid forum, unfortunatley the drama that will likely unfold in this thread will keep coming back! :roll:

Comment

i think i know who this poster is. i think his daughter left stars before she got cut, and then left scorps last year before she got cut, and not only did stars united not want her back, stars rovers also said no to the poor girl.

i have also heard that the coach isn't popular amongst many of his players, and i think the coach is in over his head, he's a new coach, but the poster here has an agenda and it's unfortunate. the team did well at regionals and actually played very competitively at CASL despite not having their nat superstar. this poster is well known.

If an NT player isn't there are they really on the team? If a team can't win without an NT player, are they really that good?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Comment

This is an example of how the anti MPS venom was built. You start with a parent like the schmuck who spun this thread. Clearly they are unhappy with how the Scorpions are run. The usual agenda is either they know more than the coach or they believe the coach does not see their kid's abilities in the proper light. Blah Blah Blah Blah. When you have been around for a while you see that EVERY team has two or three of these parents. The really interesting thing is when you talk to other peolple directly involved they are actually happpy with the situation. What typically happens with one of these discontents is when no one shares their vision of the club/team they dump a whole lot their frustrations out in a public forum in the hope that one or two kindred souls will see that they are "right" and either help them storm the Bastile to force change or scorch the earth so no one else would want to be involved.

Been with MPS for a while. The original teams had more than their share of these types because they have a tendency to hop teams looking for the perfect situation. Early on when MPS was in a building phase they would gladly cash anyones check and the malcontents like this person flocked to them. What most of these people unfortunately found was that it really wasn't the club/team/coach that was the problem, rather it was them and their kid's talent.

Ignore the idiots

Comment

If an NT player isn't there are they really on the team? If a team can't win without an NT player, are they really that good?

Discuss amongst yourselves.
                        The NT player is there she went for the Sat and Sun game but missed Thurs and Fri

Comment

Doubt it is the ex Stars kid's parents as she never played for Fred. The parent said that she liked Fred when he coached the team. The scary thing is that this is probably someone still on the team.

Comment

0-3-1 - This may have as much to do with fall high school soccer as anything else. All the teams at CASL (nat'l league, red Bull or otherwise) with fall high school soccer had difficulty with teams that have spring soccer since those teams are coming off league, state cup and or regional play.

Hopefully the situations will be reversed in the spring.

Comment

1-2-1 Beat Slammers 2-1 today who are ranked #1 in the nation at U16.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X