Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man U teams up with the Dallas Texans

MANCHESTER UNITED BRINGS PLAYER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO THE DALLAS TEXANS

http://www.dallastexans.com/

Partnership to focus on coaching and player development at Americas #1- ranked youth club

Top US soccer club Dallas Texans have teamed up with Manchester United to offer players the chance of a lifetime to train with Manchester United at its world class Carrington training centre. The players will be accompanied by Dallas Texans coaches who will share the latest coaching techniques.

In addition, coaches from Manchester United will travel to Dallas to help identify players and offer their advice and expertise in the youth teams coaching sessions. Brian McClair, Director of the Manchester United Academy said, This is a great opportunity for the Dallas Texans. We are looking forward to welcoming them to Manchester and putting them through their paces.

Hassan Nazari, Founder and Technical Director of the Dallas Texans, agrees. Soccer is a growth sport in America, and it is a great honor to learn from the best. We appreciate Manchester Uniteds expertise in helping our players develop into not only great soccer players, but great young men and women.

Manchester United is considered the most popular professional soccer club in the world, with more than 330 million supporters. The legendary club has won 17 English Premier League titles, 11 FA Cup trophies and two European Championships.

The Dallas Texans are the United States #1 ranked youth club. The 12,000-player club made history in 2008 by winning four national championships and the prestigious Manchester United Premier Cup U.S. finals trophy.

Re: Man U teams up with the Dallas Texans

Originally posted by Guest
    The 12,000-player club made history in 2008 by winning four national championships and the prestigious Manchester United Premier Cup U.S. finals trophy.
    Sure this isn't a typo and the author meant MPS? Don't they have this many Mass players yet? ;)

Comment

3 European Cups.

Comment

I heard JD was thinking of moving the entire club to Dallas, anyone else hear that?

Comment

Texans are no joke. I got to observe them for a week after doing a coaching course with one of their staff members. So professional, it makes any club in the Northeast look like a Mickey Mouse Club... think Mom & Pop shop vs. Apple.

On top of it, they pay their coaches about 60K... and you can buy a mansion outside of Dallas for $250,000! I think I'm ready for a change!

Comment

Originally posted by Kickball Fan
            Texans are no joke. I got to observe them for a week after doing a coaching course with one of their staff members. So professional, it makes any club in the Northeast look like a Mickey Mouse Club... think Mom & Pop shop vs. Apple.

On top of it, they pay their coaches about 60K... and you can buy a mansion outside of Dallas for $250,000! I think I'm ready for a change!
            Yes and there club fees are about 5K a year and that's without travel

Comment

I heard JD was thinking of moving the entire club to Dallas, anyone else hear that?
              Actually heard he turned down a job in the Dallas area very recently

Comment

Originally posted by Kickball Fan

Mom and Pop Mickey Mouse Club Revs 1, Professional ManU Juniors 0.

Comment

They're not the first or only ones doing it, but these kinds of relationships are strictly about brand marketing. It's very difficult for American players to get a work permit and play in the English leagues without a European passport or full national team caps.

Comment

They're not the first or only ones doing it, but these kinds of relationships are strictly about brand marketing. It's very difficult for American players to get a work permit and play in the English leagues without a European passport or full national team caps.
                    1. No American player can be signed by an English Premier League club without a European passport, European residence or 70% participation on a US National Team for the last 2 years.

2. From age 18, a player must qualify for a work permit in the UK and only the above qualifies for a soccer player.

3. Even if an American spends 2 years in an English based academy, he must still qualify for a work permit by age 18. The player is only exonerated as a foreign player by UEFA not the English Labor Department.

4. The loophole for American youth players is to go to a European country like Belgium where the work permit rules are significantly relaxed, play soccer there for 2 years, qualify for European residence and thus a passport, then move to England and sign for an English club due to the European free market and labor rules.

So partnering with Man United is a waste of time if the goal is to play in the English Premier League, however, a great opportunity to learn and experience a quality environment 1x a year.

The best partnership for an American youth club is with a Belgian, or small European league club where work permits are easier to obtain and then live there 2 years and qualify for residence.

Otherwise, be good enough for your national team.

Comment

You really don't understand what this is about at all. As I explained to you on Big Soccer:

All wrong. The partnership should be for $$$$ to reduce player costs in exchange for marketing. Anything else is gravy. Euro minnows don't have the cash to do this so we need the sharks. No details but hopefully Texans reduced or eliminated their DAP player fees or they messed this up completely. With MLS teams + Euros the free or almost free list is about 20. That's good news--it's put pressure on the rest of the DAP clubs to cut similar deals. The players benefit, more kids will play DAP regardless of family income. That's what matters, not becoming the next ManU star.

Comment

I won't quibble that there aren't some benefits, but the sharks make their money off the minnows. In other words, ManU is not a charity organization with any interest in reducing costs to American youth players. They are involved to make money. A high percentage of their take is made selling the brand name.

Comment

I won't quibble that there aren't some benefits, but the sharks make their money off the minnows. In other words, ManU is not a charity organization with any interest in reducing costs to American youth players. They are involved to make money. A high percentage of their take is made selling the brand name.
                          So what? A few hundred thousand dollars is nothing to Manu, Chelsea, Monaco. This has nothing to do with charity. Rightly or wrongly these sharks are willing to fork over what is to them chump change in exchange for having their name on the front of DAP shirts, in DAP standings, etc. It does not matter what the intentions of these sharks are, it's marketing for cash, and that cash is (or should be) used to lower player costs. It does not matter if you are I think they are not getting all that much in exchange for a few hundred grand a year. They are willing to do it and many more will follow. As I pointed out, with MLS + Euro sharks, some 20 DAP clubs are now free or almost free and the others DAP clubs will be scrambling to cut similar deals over the next year or so. All this is good because it will lower player costs REGARDLESS of the intentions of the sharks. $ has always been the pink elephant in the room for DAP, and given the economic meltdown, this is the only viable solution to making DAP more demographically diverse and allowing all qualified players to participate, regardless of family income.

Comment

What makes you so sure that the DAP players will even see a penny? There is nothing in the article that even suggests they will. Like the other relationships between EPL clubs and US youth clubs, all that has amounted from it is an occasional chance for players to work with professional coaches.

Comment

CASL has entered into an agreement with Chelsea. In fact Chelsea was the sponsor of this past week's women's college soccer showcase. Somehow I find it hard to believe that their incentive has anything to do with benefiting the girls who play soccer in the US.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X