Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Soccer Young Female Athlete of Year

Kristie Mewis is one of 6 players nominated by US Soccer for Young Female Athlete of the Year. Voting continues until December 8th (three days!). I understand it is a close contest with Kristie very much in contention. If anyone from Mass would like to support Kristies candidacy they can use this link, it just takes a second. http://208.78.67.197/aoy08/youngfemale.htm You can vote once per day.

The award is 50% based on the voting. The other 50% is media vote.

In addition to Kristie being a great player (Captain of US Womens U17 National team, voted third best player in recent U17 World Cup Tournament) she is a really fun and down to earth kid, one of those people that just makes you smile or laugh every time you see her.

Re: US Soccer Young Female Athlete of Year

That's incredible! Good for her and she can definitely have my vote. Thank you for forwarding this.

Comment

Thanks Fred... I just did that. It took me 5 seconds. Go Kristie. Go Mass!

Comment

Ditto here. Go Kristie! :)

Comment

bump..two days left.

Comment

http://208.78.67.197:8080/PollAOY

Comment

Kristie Mewis has been named US Soccers Young Female Athlete of the Year. You can watch her acceptance speech and World Cup highlights at http://www.ussoccer.com. Click on '2008 Athletes of the Year', then '2008 Young Female Athlete of the Year' then click play.

In her acceptance speech Kristie thanks the people who voted for her (many of you). Kristie is obviously a great player, she is also a really fun kid with a great personality. Congratulations to Kristie and her family and thanks to all of you who voted for her.

Fred M.

Comment

Congrats to Mewis. A well deserved award for her. I don't follow her play much at all but am curious if there were any clues where she will end up playing in college?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
                  Congrats to Mewis. A well deserved award for her. I don't follow her play much at all but am curious if there were any clues where she will end up playing in college?
                  She's already commited to BC.

Comment

Without getting too personal, can anyone share what the key factors were in choosing BC. I assume she could have gone anywhere she wanted. Family history at BC, preferred staying closer to home, sister will likely follow???

Comment

This is a very impressive award. Congratulations to Kristie, her family and the Scorpions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X