Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS MASS YOUTH SOCCE DOWNTURN PROOF?

just wondering, the last time this subject was broached the view seemed to be "let them eat cake" to those who expressed concern over the cost of competing at the highest level of youth soccer. Well things have gotten a lot worse since then, anybody (including me)
    giving it a longer look?

Re: IS MASS YOUTH SOCCE DOWNTURN PROOF?

Originally posted by ELLIEMAYCLAMPETT
    just wondering, the last time this subject was broached the view seemed to be "let them eat cake" to those who expressed concern over the cost of competing at the highest level of youth soccer. Well things have gotten a lot worse since then, anybody (including me)
    giving it a longer look?

No

Comment

yes

Comment

giving it a longer look?
        Cost is ridiculous

Comment

just wondering, the last time this subject was broached the view seemed to be "let them eat cake" to those who expressed concern over the cost of competing at the highest level of youth soccer. Well things have gotten a lot worse since then, anybody (including me) giving it a longer look?
          I've heard some clubs are budgeting less for coaches' travel expenses:

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/pix/beverly_hi...es_cp_7347.jpg

Comment

Somwhere between my 401k going in the toilet, and being robbed at the Gas Pump and grocery store, I made a decision that my kid will attend one Showcase event in the spring and thats it. Despite the Cool Aid coming from the Clubs these events, especially for the younger ages, only serve two purposes 1: to fulfill the clubs commitment with its sponsors, ie:NIKE etc, 2:A nice little get away for the coaches. Like a job description , poor pay, but guaranteed at least 4 all inclusive vacations a year. Pluss a chance to advance your goal of eventually becoming a D1 head coach.

Comment

The emperor has no clothes

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X