X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone care about jv

Yes, the JV parents and players, especially those looking to make Varsity next year. JV can be a great place to get a lot of playing time and score some goals.

Comment

Re: does anyone care about jv

Originally posted by Anonymous
      If no one cared they would not field the teams. Good training and practice opportunity for players on the bubble for making the varsity roster.

Comment

no

Comment

Crescent City has a jv team with 7th and 8th graders that are winning games against much larger schools who play 9th ,10th and 11th graders.

Comment

Crescent City has a jv team with 7th and 8th graders that are winning games against much larger schools who play 9th ,10th and 11th graders.
            Who cares?

Comment

And when they play Varsity they will still lose to Taylor.

Comment

Get those boys off the field. When one of those 10th or 11th graders gets pi**ed off and cracks one of those 7th or 8th graders, it won't be worth it.

Comment

Crescent City is also one of the few teams I've seen with 11th graders on the roster too.

Comment

they aren't very good anyway.

Comment

at least you have a jv, hillsborough county has no jv soccer

Comment

Too many soccer players, coaches, and schools don't care about Junior Varsity, and it shows.

If you look at high schools that have a winning tradition - a history of having consistently good soccer programs - you will usually find high quality JV coaching. You also find that the program (Varsity Coach) realizes that the players that are on JV this year will likely be playing for Varsity at some point.

If a school has some good talent coming through, they might have a couple of big years, but if they aren’t developing the JV squad, they will drop back to a being a mediocre program.

I’m not saying that the JV coaches have to make superstars in the short time that they are allowed to work with the players, what they need to be doing is teaching the fundamentals of techniques and tactics.

How many times have you seen Varsity teams that have a great player yet most of the rest of the team can’t support that player?

Now I’m not saying that you have to have a JV team with a lot of support in order to have a consistently good Varsity team, but it sure makes matters easier.

I can think of at least one program in my area that has had a consistently good Varsity team that is headed to mediocrity because of neglect of the JV team. In their current season they have a JV soccer coach with ZERO coaching experience. I know that they have access to a coach that has a lot of coaching experience and training, but they chose to not use him. However, that’s okay with me. The high school that I follow with enjoy a little payback soon.

Comment

what school?

Comment

The school I was talking about is here in the Miami area. If you know local soccer here, you know what school.

Comment

I know what school your talking about. the jv coach is not coaching this year because he has sick family. The coach this season was a parent, but he got alot of help. You need to stik to stuf you know.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X