Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evaluations/Game Reports/Newsletters

Since the MAPLE season is coming to an end, I am just wondering if it is customary to get an individual year end player evaluation and how many clubs or coaches do a weekly newsletter or game report during the season?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Since the MAPLE season is coming to an end, I am just wondering if it is customary to get an individual year end player evaluation and how many clubs or coaches do a weekly newsletter or game report during the season?
    My daughters team has a full match report after every game written by the coach. The coach highlights the positive points of the match, any noteworthy plays, and then lists the opportunities for improvement to be worked on during the upcoming week. He also gives each player a full evaluation in writing for things they do well and things they can improve on at some point during every playing year.

Comment

Depends on the coach

I don't know if some clubs have a standard, but for my daughter, it was always based on the coach. I have heard of some coaches in the club doing one-on-ones constantly and others not doing evaluations at all. We have been in a situation where we have had all of the above which is good. I think that some feedback should be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        My daughters team has a full match report after every game written by the coach. The coach highlights the positive points of the match, any noteworthy plays, and then lists the opportunities for improvement to be worked on during the upcoming week. He also gives each player a full evaluation in writing for things they do well and things they can improve on at some point during every playing year.
        My son's team was supposed to have both evaluations and then a game day report, but got neither. I don't feel cheated, but they would have been nice, especially the year end evaluation for things to work on over the Winter. Just a missed opportunity, but nothing too critical in my view.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X