Take these to the bank

Andre: Stars

Irwin: Scorpions

13 SC: Stars Athletic

14 SC: Stars United

15 SC: Scorpions

16 SC: Stars United

17 SC: Scorpions

At u13 you have to pick the Stars United team. The coach is tops and really NO's how to interact with young folk.

Comment

Why are you picking the Scorps to win the Irwin?

Comment

No NEFC????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            No NEFC????????????????
            Oh, they will be there collecting names and numbers. Dreams!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethat View Post
              Why are you picking the Scorps to win the Irwin?
              Why are you dissing BTDT's kid?

Comment

At 13, Stars could definitely pull it off, but I wouldn't be surpised to see Fuller Hamlets give it a go.

Comment

At u13 you have to pick the Stars United team. The coach is tops and really NO's how to interact with young folk.
                  You mean Stars Athletic and I'm assuming you mean State Cup.

Comment

This might have been sarcastic given the Freudian slip in the spelling of knows

Comment

Take these to the bank
                      Nah, I don't like many of them.

Andre: Stars
                      I like NEFC here. The Boates team is the best overall soccer team in the division, and they are no doubt going to be better once he gets to be at the matches again come the end of the season. The Mazar team has 2 perhaps 3 of the best players in the whole division, and in a tournament like this I think you'll find they step up.

Stars is definitely a factor, don't get me wrong, I just like the NEFC teams better.

Irwin: Scorpions
                      A disfunctional team, the Scorpions have the most physical ability but the worst soccer intelligence. They are going to struggle with top players doing double duty in State Cup for the Scorpions U13 team. They are far too reliant on breakaways from the 1 or 2 special athletes they throw behind the defense, and the fact that these players are also being counted on by the U13 team in State Cup will wear on them.

My pick is Stars of Mass. They are the most consistently talented team and one of the best organized teams. They are smarter than the Scorpions and more physically capable of stopping the Scorpions than Aztecs, Western or NEFC.

But this division is the toughest to call. The Scorpions may not touch the ball for more than 2 passes all game and get in behind for a winner, but at the same time the better balanced soccer teams like Western, Aztecs and Stars are well suited to win.

13 SC: Stars Athletic
                      It's hard to believe that anyone who is familiar with this division's past or current state could have any other pick than NEFC. They became the clear favorites when Stars United got eliminated. After starting off the year roughly, they are now clicking on all cylinders. This is a lock and easy money if people who aren't paying attention want to give this team underdog worthy odds.

14 SC: Stars United
                      Nobody's close, Stars might run up some silly scores this time.

15 SC: Scorpions
                      Agreed again, but they are not bulletproof. Their spot in regionals and nationals is already secure, and they have played more soccer than any other team in the top four. Stars is the only other team with a chance, because they have the most talent of the rest, but also a coach who loves beating FM. But Scorpions is capable of beating every team in Mass by 5 or more on a given day, just too much talent.

16 SC: Stars United
                      This age group won't be close in reality, but might be close on the scoreboard. The Stars U16 team toys with their competition, and will score and hold the ball all day. It will be a yawn to watch these games.

17 SC: Scorpions
                      Stars United will win this finally, making the State Cup Count: Scorpions 3, Stars United 2. Stars has been better than Scorpions for a couple of years, but the great Scorpions NT player and notable contributors like CR just don't have the same cast or lust for the game. Stars United will score 3 in the first half and pack it in, unlike last year when they strove to win by 10 and blew it.

Comment

A disfunctional team, the Scorpions have the most physical ability but the worst soccer intelligence. They are going to struggle with top players doing double duty in State Cup for the Scorpions U13 team. They are far too reliant on breakaways from the 1 or 2 special athletes they throw behind the defense, and the fact that these players are also being counted on by the U13 team in State Cup will wear on them.

My pick is Stars of Mass. They are the most consistently talented team and one of the best organized teams. They are smarter than the Scorpions and more physically capable of stopping the Scorpions than Aztecs, Western or NEFC.

But this division is the toughest to call. The Scorpions may not touch the ball for more than 2 passes all game and get in behind for a winner, but at the same time the better balanced soccer teams like Western, Aztecs and Stars are well suited to win.
                        Thank you. When someone starts a thread like this one I like to see if they really have some concrete opinions on the teams or if they are really just making a transparent attempt to fuel a round of bashing. I appreciate the analysis though I am not sure that I agree with your point of view on the Stars team. I see them as a good solid team that is well coached but I don't think that ultimately they have fire power to overcome the Scorps. Question on what you write about the U12 Scorps players doing double duty on the U13 team. I was told that you have to be a U13 to be on a state cup roster. Is this information incorrect or will these Scorpion's players have to make a choice which team they will play for?

Comment

Thank you. When someone starts a thread like this one I like to see if they really have some concrete opinions on the teams or if they are really just making a transparent attempt to fuel a round of bashing. I appreciate the analysis though I am not sure that I agree with your point of view on the Stars team. I see them as a good solid team that is well coached but I don't think that ultimately they have fire power to overcome the Scorps. Question on what you write about the U12 Scorps players doing double duty on the U13 team. I was told that you have to be a U13 to be on a state cup roster. Is this information incorrect or will these Scorpion's players have to make a choice which team they will play for?
                          Are you saying you can't play up on a U13 SC team?

Comment

nahhh...you like the post because this NEFC coach said some nice things about NEFC.

Comment

There are no lower age requirements for state cup rosters. However - the player must be on the state cup roster of the team which they plan to play state cup with and they can't be on another state cup roster in or out of the state.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X