Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecticut Premier Clubs

There's a CFC sponsored forum on another site which is pretty good, but why not here? What clubs are best, getting stronger or losing ground?

If Soccerplus did not have ECNL status they would be just another second tier club.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If Soccerplus did not have ECNL status they would be just another second tier club.
      You must be from CFC. Soccerplus has great coaching and IS ECNL. Get over it.

Comment

State cup semis girls u12 through u17 teams remaining:

CFC-10
        Oakwood-4
        Yankee-2
        Beachside-2

six clubs with 1 team

Comment

You must be from CFC. Soccerplus has great coaching and IS ECNL. Get over it.
          And you must be from SoccerPlus. Have they ever won a state cup?

Comment

At least it doesnt have a forum that bashes every other club in the state and monitors it to maintain it pro-CFC

Comment

At least it doesnt have a forum that bashes every other club in the state and monitors it to maintain it pro-CFC

The Soccerhead forum is owned by the director of CFC and is obviously self promotional. This board could really be the open exchange for Connecticut soccer if people would use it.

Comment

Connecticut Premier Clubs

State cup semis girls u12 through u17 teams remaining:

CFC-10
                Oakwood-4
                Yankee-2
                Beachside-2

six clubs with 1 team

FSA United WHP has 2 girls u14 and U15 in the Finals

Comment

FSA United WHP has a bright future already strong boys side and now with the girls program. Great location with a number of very good town feeder programs nearby like Avon, Farmington, and West Hartford. Now they are in a first class facility soon to have lighted outdoor turf fields, why would Soccerplus want to leave?

Comment

Being new to the Hartford area, (moving to tolland in june) can someone please tell me if my daughter plays on a town travel team for U14, where does she play the next few years in the spring? I see there is High School and winter leagues? I didn't notice any spring travel town teams in the U15-17 brackets for girls. Trying to decide if she should try out for the premier clubs or not. It's somewhat confusing. We just have club teams where we are from and we have all ages in the spring playing region or state cup. Thanks!

Comment

FSA United WHP has a bright future already strong boys side and now with the girls program. Great location with a number of very good town feeder programs nearby like Avon, Farmington, and West Hartford. Now they are in a first class facility soon to have lighted outdoor turf fields, why would Soccerplus want to leave?
                      Add the new CFC Azzurri to the mix in the Farmington Valley. Soccerplus is competing for the same players in the same areas as CFC and FSA UTD. Unsustainable. Soccerplus moving east?

Comment

Being new to the Hartford area, (moving to tolland in june) can someone please tell me if my daughter plays on a town travel team for U14, where does she play the next few years in the spring? I see there is High School and winter leagues? I didn't notice any spring travel town teams in the U15-17 brackets for girls. Trying to decide if she should try out for the premier clubs or not. It's somewhat confusing. We just have club teams where we are from and we have all ages in the spring playing region or state cup. Thanks!
                        Tolland has a brand new Sports Complex with a nice indoor soccer field, I believe the club Northeast United trains/plays there. Northeast is a solid club with competitive state league teams. To the west there's Oakwood Soccer Club located in Glastonbury with both indoor and outdoor fields. Town travel soccer gets much smaller twards the High School years so if your daughter wishes to continue then club may be the way to go. BTW Tolland has a very decent HS girls program.

Comment

Tolland has a brand new Sports Complex with a nice indoor soccer field, I believe the club Northeast United trains/plays there. Northeast is a solid club with competitive state league teams. To the west there's Oakwood Soccer Club located in Glastonbury with both indoor and outdoor fields. Town travel soccer gets much smaller twards the High School years so if your daughter wishes to continue then club may be the way to go. BTW Tolland has a very decent HS girls program.

Thanks for that information. We will be moving to Ellington, in tolland co. Do you know anything about that HS program?

Comment

The Soccerhead forum is owned by the director of CFC and is obviously self promotional. This board could really be the open exchange for Connecticut soccer if people would use it.
                            ???if people would use it, you said it yourself, its owned and essentially monitored by the director of CFC=self promotional. Do you really think he would let a negative comment be posted about CFC?

Comment

???if people would use it, you said it yourself, its owned and essentially monitored by the director of CFC=self promotional. Do you really think he would let a negative comment be posted about CFC?
                              Maybe, but I am sure he would be quick to challenge!

Interesting how things have changed in Connecticut since people began posting here. Soccerplus(formerly FSA Soccerplus) has entered into an "agreement/partnership" with Southcentral Premier. To me it looks like SCP is offerring Soccerplus a lifeline and Soccerplus is giving SCP the marquee value of ECNL membership to go with SCP's DAP. Nice if it works out. Bottom line is both clubs gain a larger footprint(New Haven/Shoreline to Farmington Valley) from which to draw players to their ECNL and Academy programs and retain additional teams at each year level, similar to CFC.

The 500 lb gorilla in the room is FSA Utd. Given their success with both the boys and girls programs coupled with their own indoor/outdoor facility, they will attract many players who would otherwise go to Soccerplus or CFC. There's more changes to come.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X