Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSCAA awards

I heard the coach's meeting for selection to the E-Mass, All-state and All-New England teams was held yesterday. Any word on the choices??

Re: NSCAA awards

Originally posted by Guest
    I heard the coach's meeting for selection to the E-Mass, All-state and All-New England teams was held yesterday. Any word on the choices??
    Yes, congratulations

Comment

I am a south shore guy and do not know all of the picks but do know Dave Floeck was EMass coach of the year. Did everyone know that they had as great a season as they did even though the Mewis girls only played four games.

Some of the all New England picks were Brock from AB and Clooney from Weymouth. Beyond that I do not know much.

Comment

Anyone from the Baystate league make it (like a keeper from Norfolk/Needham)?

Comment

I am a south shore guy and do not know all of the picks but do know Dave Floeck was EMass coach of the year. Did everyone know that they had as great a season as they did even though the Mewis girls only played four games.

Some of the all New England picks were Brock from AB and Clooney from Weymouth. Beyond that I do not know much.
          Where did you see this?

Comment

Good friends with a coach who attended the meeting. He gave me other names as well but I cannot remember who they were. As for the goalie thing you really have to get over it guy. Needham is out of the tourney so why are you harping on it? Did your kid get benched because of it? You must have better things to do with your time.

Comment

Good friends with a coach who attended the meeting. He gave me other names as well but I cannot remember who they were. As for the goalie thing you really have to get over it guy. Needham is out of the tourney so why are you harping on it? Did your kid get benched because of it? You must have better things to do with your time.
              Im not that guy. different guest

Comment

My apologies then. That guy is a jerk.

Comment

Not to take anything away from H. Brock but she missed a lot of the season due to playing with the National team. I sure hope Ceci Jensen or Cassie Wagner or some other AB star who made great contributions to the team this year was selected.

Comment

Are these actually chosen yet or have these girls just been nominated?? Not sure how it goes

Comment

Nominations and selections happen at the same meeting so this has been finalized. Brock actually played in 14 games I believe which is a pretty good sample size I think for nomination. She is hands down one of the best players in the state and belongs there. Since she played most of the season I have no problem with her selection. Floeck did the honorable thing by not even nominating the Mewis girls as they only played in 4 games all year. Even thuogh they are maybe the 2 best players in the state he was realistic thta they did not play enough. Kudos to him for that decision

Comment

My apologies then. That guy is a jerk.
                        No worries

Comment

The system does seem to be shrouded in some secrecy but in reality it is pretty organized. Each league in E Mass meets and selects their all-star teams. However, they all send a nomination form to the EMSCA ranking their top players. For leagues with 8 or ferwer teams that is the top 5, for leagues with 9 or more it is 7. For split leagues (like the Bay State or Dual County) it is two leagues of 6 so they send five each (So for the Bay State it would be five from the Carey and five from the Herget). These players are essentially nominated for the E Mass teams. The League sends the list of ranked players but individual coaches are responsible for supporting their players "nominations". The Emass teams are by divisions but I believe the All-State and All NE teams are singular. The selection meeting and vote was on Tuesday. To vote you need to be affiliated with the various coach's organizations. EMSCA members can vote for E Mass and ultimately All-State but only NSCAA members vote for all-NE. The top players are then voted through the system. The info about notification is correct, and most players that were selected were told yesterday or today. The info about the senior All-star game is also correct. The system, like any based on nominations and voting, is political. Some leagues and coaches are favored. It is also imposssible for most coaches to actually see most these players so reputations and scoring statistics are very important. It is not based on positions, so the teams can be 100% strikers, offensive mids and keepers. I would bet about 90% are. To find a non-keeper with less than a dozen goals on the all-state team is pretty unusual. Even with the politics, selection to these teams is a great honor and is reserved for outstanding HS players.

Comment

Originally posted by Soccer talks

Are these actually chosen yet or have these girls just been nominated?? Not sure how it goes
                            When are the all conference teams announced?

Comment

Great question. Can't wait to see the Baystate list!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X