Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The not so promising future of Stars

The Stars U14 team may be the last real good one for awhile. The 13s are a mess and the door is wide open for NEFC (or even Scorpions although less likely) to step up as the top dog in the state. Looks like the Scorpions have the best team at U12 although that will be challenged. And clearly NEFC has the best teams at U10 and U11 ( I know they are young -they all are so please save it). How will stars deal with this drought of top teams ? That is 4 years that they will be looking up

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Stars U14 team may be the last real good one for awhile. The 13s are a mess and the door is wide open for NEFC (or even Scorpions although less likely) to step up as the top dog in the state. Looks like the Scorpions have the best team at U12 although that will be challenged. And clearly NEFC has the best teams at U10 and U11 ( I know they are young -they all are so please save it). How will stars deal with this drought of top teams ? That is 4 years that they will be looking up
    Not sure how they will deal with it, but, from my perspective, it kind of feels good. Nice to see Nova, a D3 level team take down the big dog - GC's u13's. The girls are a great team, but, it coudn't have happened to a better coach.

Comment

The 13s are a mess? Aren't there 2 teams at that age and one has been doing quite well considering they are the B team.

PDA Girls Spring Kickoff 2010 G13 White Champion
      Scorpion Bowl 2010 Girls U10-U14 G13 Championship Champion
      Bethesda Thanksgiving Tournament - Girls G13 Chesapeake Semi-Finalist
      Maple U12 Tournament Champion
      Needham Memorial Day Invitational Tournament Champion

Comment

I wouldn't bet on a 4 year Stars drought, Stars play in the best leagues against top competition. Their players get great college and regional team exposure. These facts are unlikely to change. A couple years from now when the truly elite players from other clubs and neighboring states begin their migration, regular as geese flying South, the hope of Stars decline will prove false. Sorry to bear such bad news.

Comment

A 4 year drought of top teams at Stars? Inaccurate and unlikely.

Comment

When people make dumb posts such as the OP, they seem to forget just how many young Stars players are playing up 1 and 2 years. Should the Stars put those kids back on age appropriate teams just so people like the OP will stop making such ridiculous posts? Or should the Stars just continue to develop players that are capable of playing on National and Regional teams and some really great college teams? What other Mass club has that kind of history? Only the Scorpions come close.

Comment

A 4 year drought of top teams at Stars? Inaccurate and unlikely.
              While clubs do come and go, the formula for the Stars' success is intact. Should JD decide to leave, than the Stars' future might be in doubt but he is the reason why they are what they are.

Comment

The Stars in a multi year drought? As much as I dislike the Stars, I have too much respect for their competitive drive and their strong personal business interests to beleive that they would let it happen. You're whistling past the graveyard my friend.

Comment

wow..what a bunch of babies these stars people are. somebody offers an opinion and you whine like a chorus of little bitchhes.

Comment

If NEFC can have success attracting platers from Stars general area, I think its fair to say that it will not only strengthen NEFC but weaken Stars. Those young NEFC teams are as good as any in recent memory and in many ways, way ahead of their age. If they stay with NEFC, those teams will become destination teams. Scorpions will likely continue to produce competitive teams at the same inconsisitent rate they always have. I think it is more than possible that Stars could be in for a bit of a downturn

Comment

What drugs is the OP smoking? Girls U11 Blue has 5 NEFC teams in the division, but who is currently the only unbeaten team in the division with a GD double the next closest team?
                      Stars U12 Blue is also currently unbeaten. The only reason they are in 4th in the division is because they've tied the 3 teams ahead of them in the standings, but since their remaining games are against 2 teams with only 1 win between them, it's likely they'll be moving up in the standings by the end of the season. Not a bad place to be for a U12 team. As already remarked, Stars have 2 pretty successful teams at U13, the A team who is unbeated in U13 D1, and the B team that has a pretty impressive tournament resume and probably will move up from 4th inthe Maple standings by season ends.

The OP is obviously a newbie that has no idea what s/he is talking about when it comes to the direction of youth soccer in this state.

Comment

What drugs is the OP smoking? Girls U11 Blue has 5 NEFC teams in the division, but who is currently the only unbeaten team in the division with a GD double the next closest team?
                        Stars U12 Blue is also currently unbeaten. The only reason they are in 4th in the division is because they've tied the 3 teams ahead of them in the standings, but since their remaining games are against 2 teams with only 1 win between them, it's likely they'll be moving up in the standings by the end of the season. Not a bad place to be for a U12 team. As already remarked, Stars have 2 pretty successful teams at U13, the A team who is unbeated in U13 D1, and the B team that has a pretty impressive tournament resume and probably will move up from 4th inthe Maple standings by season ends.

The OP is obviously a newbie that has no idea what s/he is talking about when it comes to the direction of youth soccer in this state.
                        Tell that newbie about the 13A team's chances in state cup

Comment

If NEFC can have success attracting platers from Stars general area, I think its fair to say that it will not only strengthen NEFC but weaken Stars. Those young NEFC teams are as good as any in recent memory and in many ways, way ahead of their age. If they stay with NEFC, those teams will become destination teams. Scorpions will likely continue to produce competitive teams at the same inconsisitent rate they always have. I think it is more than possible that Stars could be in for a bit of a downturn
                          Wishful thinking. The problem with NEFC is that they do not have the coaching that Stars have and it is coaching that attracts players to a club.

Comment

Have you forgotten, the value of SC is on the wain?

Comment

Don't worry, the Stars still have an excellent chance of taking home that cup at that age.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X