This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Inter SC Mother Day Tournament

Our team just played agains the Inter SC U-16s this afternoon at the Inter Mothers Day tournament and I was very disapointed to see that the Inter U-16 team was made up of many U-17s and 18s. I know this as the mother of one of the Inter boys was telling me that her son was going to college next year and he was currently a senior in high school and she informed us that her son had just turned 18.

I guess that it is allowed at Showcases, but I found it very disapointing. Oh well best of luck to all of the teams!

that's just not fair. But since it's Inter's tournament maybe they can bend the rules to their advantage

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Our team just played agains the Inter SC U-16s this afternoon at the Inter Mothers Day tournament and I was very disapointed to see that the Inter U-16 team was made up of many U-17s and 18s. I know this as the mother of one of the Inter boys was telling me that her son was going to college next year and he was currently a senior in high school and she informed us that her son had just turned 18.

I guess that it is allowed at Showcases, but I found it very disapointing. Oh well best of luck to all of the teams!
      Ummm.......maybe they needed the team for the tournament to run. To be honest, I am so sick of parents who make up these stories. Happens all the time.

Comment

and this has ruined your kid's life how, exactly???? Move on.....

Comment

Showcase...not important to win. College coaches could care less who wins. They are looking at individual player performances.

I have nothing to do with Inter, but have talked with the club director several times. From what he said, the whole focus of the club is on getting players onto college teams and making money at tournaments to provide scholarships.

Comment

Showcase...not important to win. College coaches could care less who wins. They are looking at individual player performances.

I have nothing to do with Inter, but have talked with the club director several times. From what he said, the whole focus of the club is on getting players onto college teams and making money at tournaments to provide scholarships.
            I guess that makes it ok to cheat.

Comment

A mom who cries to the AD at her school when her kid is benched.

Comment

you were looking for a win? get over it. you should be trying to have your players seen by college recruiters.

Comment

You people just don't get what a college showcase is for.

You should just thank Inter for putting it together.

Comment

You people just don't get what a college showcase is for.

You should just thank Inter for putting it together.
                    Is it fair to have to "showcase" your 16 against 17 and 18 year olds? Don't make lame excuses for BS cheating behavior.

Comment

Is it fair to have to "showcase" your 16 against 17 and 18 year olds? Don't make lame excuses for BS cheating behavior.
                      You are ridiculous. Just don't go to a showcase!

Comment

Could you please open your eyes and figure out what is going on? It's a S-H-O-W-C-A-S-E. THE POINT IS TO BE SEEN BY COLLEGE COACHES. THE POINT IS NOT TO WIN AND GET A LITTLE TROPHY OR MEDAL AT THE END.

Are you upset that your son was denied an opportunity to gather Gotsoccer points? Or missed a chance to pad his resume with Inter Mother's Day Showcase Champions?

Were you born yesterday?

Comment

Your kid plays with and against kids this age in high school. Are you so concerned about how he'll show that you ask the high school coaches to leave the juniors and seniors on the bench?

Stop posting lame complaints for non-issues.

Comment

FYI-I'm pretty sure the U18 Boys had a practice this morning and were not at the tournament. So maybe a couple of 17s, even so the other posters are correct. And besides if your son is lucky enough to play in college..guess what?..the age range spans 4 years!

Comment

Since it's a showcase, it's ok to cheat.

BTW, didn't see college coaches lining the sidelines. Not sure the term "showcase" actually applies here.

Comment

Working...
                              X