Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New England Soccer Showcase

Great weather. Terrific fields. Top flight competition. Oooodles of college coaches. What more could you ask for?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Great weather. Terrific fields. Top flight competition. Oooodles of college coaches. What more could you ask for?
    Maybe one of those electric bug zappers, but only this one would zap internet trolls?

Comment

I would ask that you no longer post anything

Comment

A little rain, a few coaches, a coach from my childs choice, ref, and good soccer...sounds like the Jefferson Cup.

Comment

A little rain, a few coaches, a coach from my childs choice, ref, and good soccer...sounds like the Jefferson Cup.
          Forgot, That was cancelled

Comment

Are you referring to the boys side?

On the girls side:
            Lots of rain.
            No coaches.
            Your kid must be shooting pretty low in terms of academics and soccer programs if her top choice was supposed to be at Devens this weekend.
            Soccer was terrible.
            Inter U16s were cheating by having players play down.

Comment

Are you referring to the boys side?

Inter U16s were cheating by having players play down.
              ouch ... that's harsh. Guess your team lost to Inter U16

Comment

ouch ... that's harsh. Guess your team lost to Inter U16
                Our team just played agains the Inter SC U-16s this afternoon at the Inter Mothers Day tournament and I was very disapointed to see that the Inter U-16 team was made up of many U-17s and 18s. I know this as the mother of one of the Inter boys was telling me that her son was going to college next year and he was currently a senior in high school and she informed us that her son had just turned 18.

Comment

Our team just played agains the Inter SC U-16s this afternoon at the Inter Mothers Day tournament and I was very disapointed to see that the Inter U-16 team was made up of many U-17s and 18s. I know this as the mother of one of the Inter boys was telling me that her son was going to college next year and he was currently a senior in high school and she informed us that her son had just turned 18.
                  nice cut and paste from the Inter Sc Mother's Day thread, except you forgot the 'good luck to all' part. How badly did your team lose?

Comment

Cheaters! Cheaters!

Comment

It's cold and windy but at least it ain't raining.

Comment

I watched Inter play two matches at the U-16 level as we were tracking a player from their U-18s that was guesting with their U-16s at the tournament. The coach from Inter was using 18s in game one and then would bring on a core of what look to be U-16s (7) after the score was 3-0 or 4-0. He then started the 2nd half with his 18s and did the same thing after his team scored two or three, but always leaving a few 18s in to help out. Game two was almost all 16s and Inter was outplayed and should have lost to Empire. I would say 60/40 Empire and many kids from the first game were not on hand or did not play. The tournament was very well organized and the support staff was friendly

Comment

I watched Inter play two matches at the U-16 level as we were tracking a player from their U-18s that was guesting with their U-16s at the tournament. The coach from Inter was using 18s in game one and then would bring on a core of what look to be U-16s (7) after the score was 3-0 or 4-0. He then started the 2nd half with his 18s and did the same thing after his team scored two or three, but always leaving a few 18s in to help out. Game two was almost all 16s and Inter was outplayed and should have lost to Empire. I would say 60/40 Empire and many kids from the first game were not on hand or did not play. The tournament was very well organized and the support staff was friendly
                          This is one of the weirdest posts I have ever read on this forum, which is quite and accomplishment. Inter was doing WHAT? How exactly does a U16 coach sub in U18 players at a tournament without getting thrown out of there? Is this common? Is this the twilight zone?

Comment

Did any college coaches actually bother to show up and watch games?

Comment

Did any college coaches actually bother to show up and watch games?

yup a few

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X