Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP Mini Camp

I'm sending my kid out for the first time to ODP mini camp can anyone who's kid has done this before provide some insight as to what dorm life is like for these kids. Do the boys and girls mingle freely during free time? Are there chaperons with the kids at all times?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm sending my kid out for the first time to ODP mini camp can anyone who's kid has done this before provide some insight as to what dorm life is like for these kids. Do the boys and girls mingle freely during free time? Are there chaperons with the kids at all times?
    The kids stay in a hotel 4 to a room. It is only one night. There are chaperones, but they can not possibly stay with ALL the kids ALL the time. During the last 2 camps, the boys and girls were separated by a number of floors. The kids are supposed to be in groups of 2+ at all times in the hotel. They do have some free time to hang out in each other's rooms. They do do some "roaming" around the hotel in these small groups.This event is to start getting them used to travelling on their own; being responsible for getting up, getting on the bus, getting to meals, having water, etc. No mom and dad every minute.

Comment

The kids stay in a hotel 4 to a room. It is only one night. There are chaperones, but they can not possibly stay with ALL the kids ALL the time. During the last 2 camps, the boys and girls were separated by a number of floors. The kids are supposed to be in groups of 2+ at all times in the hotel. They do have some free time to hang out in each other's rooms. They do do some "roaming" around the hotel in these small groups.This event is to start getting them used to travelling on their own; being responsible for getting up, getting on the bus, getting to meals, having water, etc. No mom and dad every minute.
      Thanks my kid is still very very young but this info. helps.

Comment

Also gets the parents used to writing some more checks the true ODP experience.

Comment

Also gets the parents used to writing some more checks the true ODP experience.
          Agreed. And by the way since I'm paying I want to make sure my child is safe, well cared for, etc...

Comment

Agreed. And by the way since I'm paying I want to make sure my child is safe, well cared for, etc...
            Good for you - I was only joking a bit. Glad you and your family are balancing the whole soccer/ODP think. Sincere best wishes for a fun and safe time.

Comment

My daughter played odp and enjoyed the mini camp experience both at Nicols and Lancaster. Plenty of supervision. Hopefully she has a great experience.

Comment

It's great as long as you have good and attentive chaperones. Girls tend to wander to boys' floors, and boys tend to wander to girls' floors. Chaperones should stay in view on their floors at least until curfew. Wouldn't want my wedding or prom at the hotel that weekend!!

The kids actually don't have a ton of free time.

Comment

This event is to start getting them used to travelling on their own; being responsible for getting up, getting on the bus, getting to meals, having water, etc. No mom and dad every minute.
                  ...and get them ready to play in the Olympics!!! YAY !!!!!!!!!!!! USA - USA - USA !!!!

Comment

...and get them ready to play in the Olympics!!! YAY !!!!!!!!!!!! USA - USA - USA !!!!
                    USA we're shooting for BARCA all the way!!!!!!!!

Comment

Do you mean Spain?

Comment

Is their a roster posted for the ODP teams?

Comment

Is their a roster posted for the ODP teams?

No, The usually pick the teams during Mini camp. I though this year because the cuts were earlier and practices were extended into the fall that the actual "teams" would be picked earlier than Mini Camp giving the girls more time to practice with thier team.

Comment

No, They usually pick the teams during Mini camp. I thought this year because the cuts were earlier and practices were extended into the fall that the actual "teams" would be picked earlier than Mini Camp giving the girls more time to practice with thier team.
                            Had to fix my typos.

Comment

when will a roster be put out listing players who, while better than anybody in ODP, choose not to participate. admittedly that will take some time as that list is long ,,, suckers

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X