Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BU13 Maple D-1

Looking for thoughts...Can any team beat NEFC? What happened to Blackwatch and Blazers? Can Bayside make a run in the next year or two?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looking for thoughts...Can any team beat NEFC? What happened to Blackwatch and Blazers? Can Bayside make a run in the next year or two?
    I would keep my eye on the Bolts team, if there is a rematch in the state cup..close game. After that, it will be NEFC. Bolts players will go to pre-development.

Comment

Blazers play NEFC this week, it should be a good game. Is the Blazer's team different than their sub-regional team?

Comment

The Blazers team is very different than Subregion. On Subregion, they had an outside midfielder from Hammer SC (best Hammer field player), and two tall players from FC United up front (Best to FC United players). They beat Bayside 7-2 in subregion, but lost 3-2 in the third week of Maple

Comment

I thought Blackwatch had some little 11 year old star who was a goal scoring machine?

Comment

I would keep my eye on the Bolts team, if there is a rematch in the state cup..close game. After that, it will be NEFC. Bolts players will go to pre-development.
            Bolts will take them in the State Cup. Last two times they have met, Bolts outplayed them and were very unlucky not to win.

Comment

Blazers play NEFC this week, it should be a good game. Is the Blazer's team different than their sub-regional team?
              If they are firing on all cylinders, NEFC will smoke the Blazers. Blazers are struggling in MAPLE

Comment

Bolts will take them in the State Cup. Last two times they have met, Bolts outplayed them and were very unlucky not to win.
                Last 3 games (2 MAPLE games and 1 Sub-Regional game) have been won by NEFC. That is pretty "unlucky". NEFC is the better team. If they lose in the state cup, they will be the ones that were not lucky.

Comment

How can the blazers have kids from hammer and fc united when those teams played in state cup play in games? Will those players also be on the Blazers state cup roster? If you can recruit the best players off of other teams, then how does that prevent the bolts or NEFC from recruiting other top players from teams that might get beat during the play in process? When is the roster freeze date? Perhaps they can draft kids from other clubs that are now out of the tournament?

Comment

Last 3 games (2 MAPLE games and 1 Sub-Regional game) have been won by NEFC. That is pretty "unlucky". NEFC is the better team. If they lose in the state cup, they will be the ones that were not lucky.
                    we will see. In the Region 1 game, Bolts had possession 70% of the time. I spoke to NEFC parents who couldn't believe that they won that game. The maple game this weekend was much closer, but it easliy could have gone the Bolts way. The state cup will be a battle. A coin toss as to who takes it.

Comment

How can the blazers have kids from hammer and fc united when those teams played in state cup play in games? Will those players also be on the Blazers state cup roster? If you can recruit the best players off of other teams, then how does that prevent the bolts or NEFC from recruiting other top players from teams that might get beat during the play in process? When is the roster freeze date? Perhaps they can draft kids from other clubs that are now out of the tournament?
                      Region 1 does not allow "guest" players. The sub regional league apparently does, although it is not encouraged. In order to do so, you have to create two Mass Youth rosters, one for Maple and the other for sub region. I am still not sure how that second roster is approved by Mass youth soccer. Also, none of these guest players can play in the State Cup for Blazers because they have played in state cup qualifying games for their regular clubs. The cut off date for State cup final roster is June 1 or your first state cup qualifier, whichever comes first.

Personally, I think the playing of "guest" players in regional play and tournaments is total BS. None of these guest players practise with the team, they simply show up for a handful of games to help FO boost his team rankings. Destroys the whole concept of team development and meaningful competition. It should be banned in sub region as it is currently banned in Region 1. I also think that any legitimate club should not allow their players to partcipate with another club in this manner. Obviously these kids are being recruited, within Maple season, which is not allowed by Maple. The whole thing stinks and I hope NEFC buries the Blazers (or whatever that team really is) when they meet on the 15th. Maybe next time they will play it straight up.

Comment

Exactly right - the FC United kids are being recruited off their club team during playing season. Obvious violation of maple rules. Wonder where they will end up in Fall?? Small clubs who develop players should have some protection from the poachers.

Comment

every club out there has been accused of poaching and or having players poached...it is a vicious cycle. I would not call FCU a small club, smaller than NEFC but isnt everyone?

Comment

Region 1 does not allow "guest" players. The sub regional league apparently does, although it is not encouraged. In order to do so, you have to create two Mass Youth rosters, one for Maple and the other for sub region. I am still not sure how that second roster is approved by Mass youth soccer. Also, none of these guest players can play in the State Cup for Blazers because they have played in state cup qualifying games for their regular clubs. The cut off date for State cup final roster is June 1 or your first state cup qualifier, whichever comes first.

Personally, I think the playing of "guest" players in regional play and tournaments is total BS. None of these guest players practise with the team, they simply show up for a handful of games to help FO boost his team rankings. Destroys the whole concept of team development and meaningful competition. It should be banned in sub region as it is currently banned in Region 1. I also think that any legitimate club should not allow their players to partcipate with another club in this manner. Obviously these kids are being recruited, within Maple season, which is not allowed by Maple. The whole thing stinks and I hope NEFC buries the Blazers (or whatever that team really is) when they meet on the 15th. Maybe next time they will play it straight up.
                            Northeast Region rules specifically state no guest / loan players.

Rule 102 Team Rosters, Player Eligibility and Team Competition
                            Section 2 There will be NO Loan/Guest Players.

NEFC should challenge the validity of their roster.

Comment

Northeast Region rules specifically state no guest / loan players.

Rule 102 Team Rosters, Player Eligibility and Team Competition
                              Section 2 There will be NO Loan/Guest Players.

NEFC should challenge the validity of their roster.

He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones. Or put another way, wouldn't that be the pot calling the kettle black?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X