Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time to move on

How many years should a coach stay with a club team.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How many years should a coach stay with a club team.
    Our club says 2 years. BUT our coach has gotten an extension for 2 years, although players and parents are all happy about that. So I guess it depends on the coach, the team, the club and the parents.

Comment

Our team had our coach for four years.Time for him to move on.But his favorites keep him around.If he leaves they will get CUT .Its a shame players now it and its hurting the team.

Comment

Our team had our coach for four years.Time for him to move on.But his favorites keep him around.If he leaves they will get CUT .Its a shame players now it and its hurting the team.
        I agree. That is too much time. Even a god coach will become stale after more than 3 years.

Comment

Its pretty sad your coach is doing this to the team.He should move on.Take it from someone who nows.its hard to get the favorites out of the seen so your team can move on.Try another club.Beleave me you dont want to go threw this before its to late.Try another club.

Comment

get out as soon as you can.Its only going to get worse and if its the club i think it is your better off

Comment

Does this happen a lot? Our team has 2 players that are killing us yet they continue to make the team every season. Even my other daughter who is only 11 noticed it and wondered (in private thank God) why these 2 are still on the team.

Comment

Does this happen a lot? Our team has 2 players that are killing us yet they continue to make the team every season. Even my other daughter who is only 11 noticed it and wondered (in private thank God) why these 2 are still on the team.
                You're not the only one with this situation.If we see it, the coach does and the competition does too. Hopefully this takes care of itself as they get older.

Comment

What team should we avoid?

Comment

You're not the only one with this situation.If we see it, the coach does and the competition does too. Hopefully this takes care of itself as they get older.
                    If you people feel that way, move to a different team. How hard is that for you to do? Or do you just like blaming others for the fact your kid's team isn't winning?

Comment

Team is winning.kids are getting tired of covering for them. Half the girls dont want to give them the ball game after game.2 YEARS NOW.Parents kiss the coaches a-----s.

Comment

Both kids also have siblings that play for the club. I am beginning to think they don't want to make these 2 sets of parents mad and lose 4 paying members, Am I being too cynical? Their siblings are better and fit in on their teams and these kids are nice kids just not very good players.

Comment

What team should we avoid?
                          nefc,stars,scorpions,mps, aztecs, would be a start on the girls side

Comment

Don't leave out Explosion. They're trying to become 'big' and in doing are creating a similar type of coaching dynamic. Siblings bring $$$

Comment

it's a shame that club soccer has to be this way. It shouldn't matter if you have a younger daughter and an older one. If there not a good fit they should be cut and if there holding the team back the parents should relize this. But then again the parents think there daughter is good.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X