Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does switching club teams make me bad?

My son is changing clubs. Does that make me one of "those" parents?

http://acoachinglife.wordpress.com/2...s-perspective/

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son is changing clubs. Does that make me one of "those" parents?

http://acoachinglife.wordpress.com/2...s-perspective/
    yes, but there are surely support groups for your kind

Comment

Don't bother he's not a normal parent, it's yet another hook for his blowhard coach blog.

Comment

yes it does

Comment

One thing is for sure in here

Your kid will be labeled as "lousy" by the team you are leaving and labeled "amazing" by the team you are going to.

Comment

Nah, my daughter has been with 4 in 7 years. All switches made for different reasons. And she finally found the right fit, and not going anywhere....

Bring on the negative responses...I'm ready

Comment

Nah, my daughter has been with 4 in 7 years. All switches made for different reasons. And she finally found the right fit, and not going anywhere....

you suck

Comment

you suck
                I may but my daughter doesn't

Comment

Only 4? I thought it was 5. After each switch it was "the right fit" (until the next one).

Comment

Because no one else will take her. She's been flagged.

Comment

Because no one else will take her. She's been flagged.
                      BS, players are indentured servants subject to the personal whims of coach. Unless clubs commit to players for an extended period it makes no sense for a player to remain loyal to the club.

Comment

BS, players are indentured servants subject to the personal whims of coach. Unless clubs commit to players for an extended period it makes no sense for a player to remain loyal to the club.
                        I agree.

And truthfully if the player is skilled enough they will always find a place. I knew a player who moved to and from 5 clubs (7 different teams) in 2 years and they were the top 5 clubs at the time for that age group. Coaches were all willing to take a chance taking her because she was that good.

Comment

Are you the same guy who runs around telling everyone your kid was on a sc winning team, but actually never played a minute that season?

Comment

I agree.

And truthfully if the player is skilled enough they will always find a place. I knew a player who moved to and from 5 clubs (7 different teams) in 2 years and they were the top 5 clubs at the time for that age group. Coaches were all willing to take a chance taking her because she was that good.
                            She's an average player. Better than some, but not a top 5-6 on Stars or Scorps.

Comment

Yikes!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X