•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5A Girls Top Top 10

Wow! 3 teams from one district!

http://eteamz.active.com/sites/FloridaH ... 7115&cat=0

these rankings make no sense- anyone agree???

Comment

I agree...I wonder where they got their information

Comment

This is from the boy's thread.
        Originally posted by Anonymous
        This is DownSouth. I haven't posted here in forever. I like to make my posts at www.floridakicks.com. I found out my rankings were posted here and that's fine, but I see that some people have problems with the rankings. I'm here now so I can clear up a few things.

Previous year's ratings have almost nothing to do with this year's ratings. Your results from this year is the only thing that determines your ranking this year. Reputation helps me to evaluate programs early in the season...but ultimately, results (at least 5 matches) will weed out who has dropped off from last year and who has improved.

I know Winter Park is well represented on these boards and I want to make sure you get an accurate rating. The only way I can do that is if I get all of your results. As of the last ranking on 11/19/06, I only had 2 results....one loss and one tie. These were just 2 scores I found; not necessarily your 1st two games played. In the end, Winter Park's ranking was at 69 (-19.00 points). If I only have 2 games, there is no way I can get an accurate reading on your team. Now, I read that you beat Palm Harbour, etc... I'm sure you'll move way up in the rankings. Post the scores here and I'll let my system take care of the rest

you can see the rankings on Sunday at: www.eteamz.com/sites/floridahsrankings

Good luck the rest of the year.

Down South

Comment

5A is week 6A is loaded.

Comment

I mean 5A has much weaker teams than 6A. Satellite Beach is good though. If they lost 4-1 to Heritage Plantation how would they do with Delray or St Andrews which have stronger players.

Comment

Satellite played 3 games back to back to back. AH Plantation had 10 days rest when Satellite had beaten Cypress Bay 5-0 and Douglas 2-1 so tell me who had the fresher team. 12/21 Satellite 5 Cypress Bay 0, 12/22 Satellite 2 Douglas 1, 12/23 Satellite 1 AH Plantation 4. Satellite can play with anyone in the state in any class!!!

Comment

5A is weak 6A is loaded.
                It's the opposite in the tampabay area.

Comment

5A is weak 6A is loaded.
                  It's the opposite in the tampabay area.
                  Right you are, 5A girls teams are killing 6A teams.

Comment

Depends on the teams, and districts.
                    In Hillsborough county/tampa bay area, there's a few good teams in 6A and 5A teams, beating most of their opponents, some quite badly, regardless of class. None of the better 6A teams have been beaten by more than a goal or 2 by a 5A team. These same teams, have most often beaten their 5A opponents by more than 2 goals, and have mercy ruled many 5A teams. Same for the 'weaker' teams in each class, getting beat by teams in both classes pretty equally. Remember, too, that there are very few 6A teams in the Tampa Bay area (7). In some cases, the better teams from that class are from other counties like Pinellas, Pasco, and Sarasota, . The Tampa bay area 5A teams rarely face those out of county teams.
                    In general (in Hillsborough county) the better teams in both classes are pretty competitive with each other, and the weaker teams are getting killed regardless of class. The average teams are each having okay games, many by without more than a goal or two difference either way regardless of class).

So to say 5A teams are 'killing' 6A teams, is a stretch. But okay.

But enough said, since this is a thread about Pinellas county. ;)

Comment

oops wrong thread :o

Comment

Originally posted by guest12345
                        In Hillsborough county/tampa bay area, there's a few good teams in 6A and 5A teams, beating most of their opponents, some quite badly, regardless of class. None of the better 6A teams have been beaten by more than a goal or 2 by a 5A team. These same teams, have most often beaten their 5A opponents by more than 2 goals, and have mercy ruled many 5A teams. Same for the 'weaker' teams in each class, getting beat by teams in both classes pretty equally. Remember, too, that there are very few 6A teams in the Tampa Bay area (7). In some cases, the better teams from that class are from other counties like Pinellas, Pasco, and Sarasota, . The Tampa bay area 5A teams rarely face those out of county teams.
                        In general (in Hillsborough county) the better teams in both classes are pretty competitive with each other, and the weaker teams are getting killed regardless of class. The average teams are each having okay games, many by without more than a goal or two difference either way regardless of class).

Lets see...

5-A Bloomingdale beat the following 6-A teams: Gaither 4-2, Plant City 9-1
                        5-A Freedom beat the following 6-A teams: Durant 3-1, Gaither 3-0, Alonso 5-0
                        5-A Newsome beat the following 6-A teams: Sickles 1-0, Sarasota 2-1, Riverview 3-1

Comment

Lets see...

5-A Newsome beat the following 6-A teams: Sickles 1-0, Sarasota 2-1, Riverview 3-1
                          Duh, why don't you two start a hillsborough thread?

Comment

Lets see...

Duh, why don't you two start a hillsborough thread?
                            Um, it IS a Hillsborough thread. Dope.

Comment

Lets see...

Agree. But remember those are the best 5A teams in Hillsborough County. Plus in a few of those cases, you are comparing to some of the worst 6A teams.

So you're right those 3 5A teams are doing very well against some 6A opponents. Beyond them, I wouldn't extend the "killing" comment of 5A teams to 6A teams, to anyone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X