Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U11 Girls orange

Anyone out there want to talk about this group?

Originally posted by New Guy View Post
    Anyone out there want to talk about this group?
    Why?? Talking about 9, 10, 11 year olds is pointless at any level.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why?? Talking about 9, 10, 11 year olds is pointless at any level.
      you could be wrong, not everyone cares about the older groups! stay on your own thread

Comment

you could be wrong, not everyone cares about the older groups! stay on your own thread
        I could be, but I'm not.

Comment

Weekend game predictions?

Comment

Weekend game predictions?
            I predict winners, loosers ,and whiners

Comment

town soccer

Comment

I have a question, at the U11 age group, if your child is playing for a MAPLE team, should all the players on the team have equal playing time? thanks in advance

Comment

I have a question, at the U11 age group, if your child is playing for a MAPLE team, should all the players on the team have equal playing time? thanks in advance
                  Yes. No ifs, ands or buts.

Comment

Equal, no. Like it or not, MAPLE at U-11 and above is competitive. But more importantly in a young player..

Assuming we are talking about one of the weaker players on the team...if you see a player on the field struggling during a shift the coach should either pull the player or possibly shift positions to keep her confidence from getting battered. I am not talking about having a hard time with a player or play, I mean 3-4 times in a row ball has come to that player on a shift and she has not had success progressing. I would at that point bring the child in and talk to her and either give her some strategies to be more successful or move her to a different position or side of the field.

In the end, all players should receive nearly equal playing time as possible until the last 5-7 minutes of a close game at which point you would want your strongest players out there.

If your child was offered a spot, they should get adequate playing time though, regardless.

Comment

No, equal is not practical and near impossible. Some players will play more than others. A lot depends on the players and how many can be effective at a position. If players are getting at least roughly a half a game on the field, it's pretty good. If the player is just getting a few token minutes of game time, not good at all.

Now i have heard other parents say their kid only got a few minutes of playing time when in fact they had at least half a game. Some people have a distorted sense of elapsed time when it comes to their kid.

Comment

How about positions?

Comment

Some parents keep a stop watch....playing time should not be equal but at this age they should at least play 1/2

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X