Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer camp in Mass

Can anyone recommend any summer camps for kids ages 11-13 in Mass for player development?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can anyone recommend any summer camps for kids ages 11-13 in Mass for player development?
    There are a bunch. What part of the state are you coming from?

Comment

What are you looking for? Overnight or day? How intense do you want it?

Comment

What are you looking for? Overnight or day? How intense do you want it?
        FC Puma is doing a day camp. A lot of colleges do overnight camps. Those are always good to go to.

Comment

FC Puma is doing a day camp. A lot of colleges do overnight camps. Those are always good to go to.
          I thought Puma had merged with NEFC?

Comment

They did.

Comment

They are still running a summer camp though.

Comment

My daughter loves the Vogelsinger camp held at the Brooks school in North Andover. She also attended the Tony Dicicco Soccerplus camp out in western MA. Both good camps but she liked Vogelsinger better and will attend again this year. You can just google these and find out more.

Comment

They are still running a summer camp though.
                  Google FC Puma. Very interesting.

Comment

My daughter had the worst camp experience at the PT USA camp down the cape last summer. Staff had a favorite group they focused on. Seemed to be too many injuries. Camper cabins were horrendous. Just plain slimy dirty!
                    Vogelsinger was more about fitness and a better quality of soccer. Don't go there expecting personal attention as they have one-size-fits-all approach. Better dorm experience although the girls stayed up all night with those interconnecting rooms. We all know that tired players aren't alert and more prone to injury.

Comment

My daughter loves the Vogelsinger camp held at the Brooks school in North Andover. She also attended the Tony Dicicco Soccerplus camp out in western MA. Both good camps but she liked Vogelsinger better and will attend again this year. You can just google these and find out more.
                      My daughter went to vogelsinger and while over alll it was a good camp, I think it was over priced and you could do just as well with camps run by the colleges.

Comment

If you want your player to learn all the correct skills / techniques in a pure soccer environment and not spend a whole lot of money, there is no better camp than the Hamlets Camp. Doesn't matter where you play, it's just a very good technical camp without the fluff or the high price.

Comment

If you want your player to learn all the correct skills / techniques in a pure soccer environment and not spend a whole lot of money, there is no better camp than the Hamlets Camp. Doesn't matter where you play, it's just a very good technical camp without the fluff or the high price.
                          comment floodgates opening in 5,4,3,2...

Comment

Yes specific attention is placed on the long ball!

Comment

Yes specific attention is placed on the long ball!
                              I am by no means a defender of the Fuller Hamlets, but if that is a weakness in your child's game, that might not be a bad thing. The issue I have with the Hamlets is even in the camps they choose to focus on certain kids and ignore others. All kids deserve the chance to better their game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X