Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever received a refund from a club soccer team?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever received a refund from a club soccer team?

Not happy with a club, tried to get refund....was told no even though they can fill the roster spot that has a wait list on it.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not happy with a club, tried to get refund....was told no even though they can fill the roster spot that has a wait list on it.
    Good luck trying. Most clubs have Player Fee Agreements that outline no refunds if you decide to leave early.

Comment

I would think that most club contracts cover that subject. I know ours does. Now if there were some extenuating circumstances like the child was ill or the family had to suddenly move, then you might get your money back. You just being pissed off wouldn't be good enough for me.

Comment

Interesting subject.....what about if they changed practice locations from a 20 minute drive to a 50 minute drive......twice a week.....after they cashed your check?

Comment

If they take MC/Visa put it on your credit card then submit a chargeback for failure to render services from the credit card company. I know several people who have filed small claims and either received judgments or had the club settle prior to.

Comment

Interesting subject.....what about if they changed practice locations from a 20 minute drive to a 50 minute drive......twice a week.....after they cashed your check?
            Oh well! :) What's wrong with an extra hour of quality driving time with your kid. That way you can listen to them texting more or hear the little buzz from their earphones.

Comment

Originally posted by Cujo View Post
              If they take MC/Visa put it on your credit card then submit a chargeback for failure to render services from the credit card company. I know several people who have filed small claims and either received judgments or had the club settle prior to.
              i was advised to go to small claims court......anyone else done that with a club? It makes me so mad to even think of going this route

Comment

i was advised to go to small claims court......anyone else done that with a club? It makes me so mad to even think of going this route
                I do feel for you a little because part of our decision for one club over another was convenience. But even if the practice moved 1/2 hour further away I would not pull her from the club.

Two questions for you:

1. How old is the player?
                2. Are there any other issues with the club that you don't like?

Comment

If you sign a document saying 'no refund' you are SOL. Our club will refund only for a season ending injury

Comment

What are your reasons for leaving?

Comment

If you sign a document saying 'no refund' you are SOL. Our club will refund only for a season ending injury
                      Not if the club breached their obligations under the contract or failed to articulate what their obligations are.

Comment

Not if the club breached their obligations under the contract or failed to articulate what their obligations are.
                        Most, if not all clubs will spell out what the club will do. Proving weather they breached them or not is subjective outside of the basics ie 2 practices, per week, etc.

Comment

or failed to articulate what their obligations are.
                          then you shouldn't have paid or signed anything without asking.

If nothings in print, then the burden of what wasnt done falls to the parent. if it is in print and they dont live up to the tangible items then you are right.

Comment

then you shouldn't have paid or signed anything without asking.

If nothings in print, then the burden of what wasnt done falls to the parent. if it is in print and they dont live up to the tangible items then you are right.
                            In a civil trial it is based on a preponderence of evidence. Small claims is typically very sympathetic to the consumer. There is an equal burden on both the litigator and litigant.

Comment

Most, if not all clubs will spell out what the club will do. Proving weather they breached them or not is subjective outside of the basics ie 2 practices, per week, etc.
                              If it is based on playing time or other obligations in the code then the MAPLE Coaches code of ethics is binding on the member club since it is a ratified document by clubs (and every club is a member of MAPLE) and as an agent of the club - the coach is obligated to live up to that code of ethics.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X