Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roster Cut-off Date

Does anyone know the cut-off date for roster changes. I know that the OYSA site used to say Oct 26th, but that was when there was a Fall State Cup. Has this date changed now that the State Cup is in the Spring?

Re: Roster Cut-off Date

No not yet, so is DD going to come play on our team? :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Comment

Originally posted by Small Town
      No not yet, so is DD going to come play on our team? :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
      Do you need a player?

Comment

Originally posted by Eggy1
        Originally posted by Small Town
        Do you need a player?

Hold on, Eggy... I thought Bry was coming to Ireland?! :yawinkle:

To answer your question, in the past, OYSA had a 2 week cut-off for State Cup & President's Cup roster freezes. Now that OR State Cup is in the Spring, there is no roster freeze date listed for 2008 (but there is for President's Cup). One could assume the roster freeze date would be some time in late February... but I wouldn't count on it. Waiting until next year to freeze the rosters almost invites intrigue and player raiding, so I would get the official word from OYSA. Good luck! :)

Comment

My DD isn't going anywhere. She bleeds blue and yellow.

Comment

Eggy- no we don't need anymore players, just wanted to see what kind of reaction I would get. Just wondering why you want to know when the cut off.
            SV- you already got one blue and yellow player.

Comment

It is my understanding that the tentative cut-off isn't until March 31st.

Comment

According to the OYSA preliminary 2009 Calendar it is March 31st. http://www.oregonyouthsoccer.org/tes...ar_2009.shtml/.

Comment

What was October 5th? We had an email that said you could not have any guest players after October 5th. Heard there was a guest player for FC Portland Aqua today.

Comment

That was a cut off for Fall League guest players, you can still have a new player but you can't play with a guest player.

Comment

Ah. I wonder who the guest player was cuz Marine was in Bend so it wasn't one of their players. Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Shu's Daddy
                        What was October 5th? We had an email that said you could not have any guest players after October 5th. Heard there was a guest player for FC Portland Aqua today.
                        Aqua did not have any guest players with them this weekend. They do have a new player from when they played Westside the first time around though. She is a u13 player playing up on the Aqua team as a team member not a guest player.

Comment

Hmmm, one of our parents was talking with the (supposed guest) parent and told us she was guest playing for them today. They seemed to know each other so you'd think he'd know what he was talking about. I'm only familiar with a couple of girls so I wouldn't really notice.

GuestForADay.... you an Aqua parent? I don't think we've heard from anyone with Aqua yet. Get a permanent log on and stick around. We'd like to get more teams represented on this site.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X