Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEFC on its way downhill?

The parents are speaking loud and clearly that NEFC is not interested in player development....only players to fund the program? Anyone else feeling the pain or waking up to reality?

Nope. Sorry to disappoint.

Son loves the coach. The training is outstanding. Facilities are top notch. Expectations from coaches, parents and players are high. Had an older son (now freshman in college) playing with one of the newly formed club...club fess at NEFC are less.

We are happy and our son if happy and having fun.

Comment

The complaining permeates at the lower teams where parents are in denial that their little mia is not the second coming of mia

Comment

when the cutting starts, the crying gets loud.

Comment

I agree....so much for player development.

Comment

I guess a question could be...do the lower level teams get the same treatment, both coach and facility wise as the top level teams? If not and they are just funding the project then you would expect some discontent. I would think all is great for the upper level teams such as the BU13 team that is beating everyone in sight and winning a large majority of thier matches, I would guess that group is happy but what about the kids/parents on the lowest level of the many U11 teams that they are fielding, is there a chance for those kids to move up or do the top teams reload with "cherry picking" of other clubs top kids?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              I guess a question could be...do the lower level teams get the same treatment, both coach and facility wise as the top level teams? If not and they are just funding the project then you would expect some discontent. I would think all is great for the upper level teams such as the BU13 team that is beating everyone in sight and winning a large majority of thier matches, I would guess that group is happy but what about the kids/parents on the lowest level of the many U11 teams that they are fielding, is there a chance for those kids to move up or do the top teams reload with "cherry picking" of other clubs top kids?
              Second question, is do the girls get the same treatment that the boys get. My bet is No.

Comment

I dislike NEFC, very much so. I think they are dirty scoundrels at best and will discourage anyone from playing, coaching or getting involved with those people in any way.

Too bad, but don't think they are going away anytime soon. Too many teams, too many players, too many resources. They will very possibly become the strongest club, if not the strongest now.

I will be rooting against them all the way tho...

Comment

just read the following in anothe thread. If nefc doesn't have a few top level, relatively even teams based on geography their sheer number of teams, and unhappy parents, will become a huge problem. noone knows at U10 or u11 who the top U17 players will be, so segregating them young discourages many, and angers players and parents unnecessarily. if you aren't in ecnl or dap, then it's better to field 4 or 5 competitive teams per age group split by geography, and let more kids develop. here's the quote and questions. anyone know how nefc plans to structure themselves?

Very true. MPS splits teams by geography. They don't combine their top players to make a showcase "A" team. When my kid was U14 or so, I questioned why they didn't do so, assuming my son would make the cut of course. A few years later the wisdom of their strategy from a business and player development strategy makes sense, and I'm pleased they knew what they were doing, remained firm, and didn't cave to pressure from parents like me.

Is NEFC adopting this geographic, equal team development philosophy, or are they planning to combine the 'best" players to pursue showcase, state, regional, and national glory? I now realize it is tough, if not impossible, for both strategies to successfully co-exist.

Comment

I dislike NEFC, very much so. I think they are dirty scoundrels at best and will discourage anyone from playing, coaching or getting involved with those people in any way.

Too bad, but don't think they are going away anytime soon. Too many teams, too many players, too many resources. They will very possibly become the strongest club, if not the strongest now.

They did the old Bait and Switch tactic....and parents have finally realized that. Bigger does not always mean better.

Comment

Lower teams do not get the same treatment....it all depends if you are on a winning team. We are just funding the other teams. No chance to move up. They are starting to remove kids now and were hoping to "cherry pick" now. Parents however have figured it out and since they don't get a refund for their roster spot they won't give it back to NEFC either. You won't see us in June.

Comment

just read the following in anothe thread. If nefc doesn't have a few top level, relatively even teams based on geography their sheer number of teams, and unhappy parents, will become a huge problem. noone knows at U10 or u11 who the top U17 players will be, so segregating them young discourages many, and angers players and parents unnecessarily. if you aren't in ecnl or dap, then it's better to field 4 or 5 competitive teams per age group split by geography, and let more kids develop. here's the quote and questions. anyone know how nefc plans to structure themselves?

Very true. MPS splits teams by geography. They don't combine their top players to make a showcase "A" team. When my kid was U14 or so, I questioned why they didn't do so, assuming my son would make the cut of course. A few years later the wisdom of their strategy from a business and player development strategy makes sense, and I'm pleased they knew what they were doing, remained firm, and didn't cave to pressure from parents like me.

Is NEFC adopting this geographic, equal team development philosophy, or are they planning to combine the 'best" players to pursue showcase, state, regional, and national glory? I now realize it is tough, if not impossible, for both strategies to successfully co-exist.

They are adp[tomg tjos geographically. It is not equal team development and they are weeding out the weaker players to pursue the glory. The problem is that people are starting to get that if their kids is not in the 1-2% of excellent players then they will only be funding the other kids. It is not about player development.

Comment

They are adopting geographically. It is not equal team development and they are weeding out the weaker players to pursue the glory. The problem is that people are starting to get that if their kids is not in the 1-2% of excellent players then they will only be funding the other kids. It is not about player development.

Comment

That sounds very harsh but I have to agree with you. Unfortunately, the kids who could play at a B to a B+ level will never develop there.

Comment

Lower teams do not get the same treatment....it all depends if you are on a winning team. We are just funding the other teams. No chance to move up. They are starting to remove kids now and were hoping to "cherry pick" now. Parents however have figured it out and since they don't get a refund for their roster spot they won't give it back to NEFC either. You won't see us in June.
                              I heard there was some movement from the winter to the spring on some of the younger teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X