CFC United vs. SSC Ireland
        OR Rush Nike vs. LOSC Dynamite
        FC Portland Marine vs. Thelo Gremio

SUNDAY -
        FC Willamette Possession vs. ESU Sunderland
        Thelo Gremio vs. LOSC Dynamite TIE
        SSC Ireland vs. FC Portland Marine
        OR Rush Nike vs. CFC United

Good Luck to all teams. Have a nice weekend!

Comment

Re: Weekend 4

Sodium Fan - Look like a good game on Sunday, is it going to end in a tie again. So the Or. Rush 95 can move to first if they win their games. :smt003 :smt003 Good Luck to all and Have FUN.

Comment

ST - Well, if you check the standings OR Rush is currently in first place! [Of course, only half the games for Saturday have been posted by OYSA!] LOSC is ALWAYS a tough match up for us. Hopefully we can take the momentum we built today and come out strong!

Best of luck to the rest this weekend!

Cheers :D

Comment

So what does CS mean in the Ireland and Marine score.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. Also wondering what the CFC coach did to get that suspension?

Comment

Scores posted now. Nice win by Southside.

Comment

Originally posted by Small Town
                    So what does CS mean in the Ireland and Marine score.
                    The system was tripped up by both team managers entering the game score. The website has been corrected.

It was a good match. The first half was fairly even for appx 20 minutes, then Ireland seemed to play rather tentative for much of the half, but finally converted on a set play to take the lead. Moments later, Ireland's GK made a nice play on an FC breakaway into the 18 leaving the score 1-0 at the half. Ireland came out much more aggressively in the 2nd half, resulting in two additional goals and a 3-0 lead. Marine managed a goal on a corner kick with appx 15 minutes to go. FCP launched a solid shot that went along the top of the 6 yd box; Ireland's keeper attempted unsuccessfully to intercept it, but did manage to deflect it. Marine's #15 (who I believe joined them this year from OSA) got to the ball at knocked it past a Southside defender to get FCP on the board. The game ended soon thereafter, with Ireland coming out on top of a 3-1 score. =D>

The first half of the season is now over and I believe Ireland is beginning to embrace its new brand of soccer and are performing well. Congratulations, to OR Rush Nike for its outstanding play and running the table after its opening day tie with Ireland. Our subsequent tie with Sunderland in week #2 is the difference in the standings. Good luck to all teams in the 2nd half of the season! Let's all have fun and enjoy our kids' success! :D

BTW... Does anyone have information on the FCW Possession vs Sunderland game today?

Comment

At this point, I'd have to say that OR Rush and Southside are pulling away from the rest. I thought FCP would be right there with them, but they've struggled a bit so far. Perhaps the girls are still getting acquainted with the new coach? You can't rule them out, but OR Rush and Southside are kickin butt and takin names!

WSM Harambee had a rough game today. The game went back and forth quite a bit with both teams getting opportunities, but not great looks. Harambee got a quick break and the right wing put a ball across the goal and into the far post. Was a beauty of a shot!

The ref wasn't havin a good day. Half made a lot of the right calls, but gave the ball to the wrong team. It was both ways so no one can say they got railroaded. He even stopped 2 breakaways (1 for each team) rather than letting them play the advantage. It was just an odd first half. Parents from both teams were somewhat vocal. The far linesman doesn't understand the offsides rule. Our girls were called off quite a bit. Some were deserving, but quite a few were just a bad call.

The ref swallowed his whistle in the second half. Midway through the half, our sweeper and their center mid got tangled up. You could clearly see the center mid's arm wrapped around our player. The center mid's dad said our player had hold of her jersey. It's not really her style, but I couldn't see so whatever. The ref called the foul in our favor. The center mid let go of our player, then turned and push her with both hands. Of course the ref wasn't paying attention. She should have been carded. Words were exchanged and it just went downhill from there. Shu involved herself by dropping that center mid about 5 minutes later. She should have been carded, but he only called a foul. She didn't even make a play for the ball. After probably half a dozen breakaways, our speedy striker finally snuck one past the goalie. Both ended up on the ground afterwords. The goalie got up and kicked our player. Yellow card for her and a yellow card for their coach who was saying something about it being a joke. I dunno, I missed what his problem was. Up until that point, the goalie had played great! She was aggressive and made some beautiful stops.

Not the kind of games you wanna see. I'll take the win and I like the way the girls stood up for their teammates (Shu sticking up for our sweeper and our 2nd striker getting in the goalies face after she kicked the other striker while she was down). I don't necessarily agree with all of their actions, but they got a good sisterhood goin.

Comment

Well it was a good weekend for Cora. Saturday the team start out playing well had about 6 shot on the goal but couldn't get them in. Still didn't have our coach because of the red card, the girl began playing more of a kicking game instead of their passing one, so they were not playing very well at times. So we got a free kick off to the side about 25 yards or so Cora popped and #5 headed in. Then we had another free kick about 25 yards straight out and she kick it hard straight over the goalie's hands. It was picture prefect. Then she had a corner kick, kicked it and hit the far post down low then off a defender or the other way around I couldn't tell from where I was. And I am really sorry but I forgot who put the other one in. So a 4 to 1 win over LO, and I'm so sorry that a lot of them hate us so.

Sunday same score 4 to 1 also could have been a higher scoring game. Cora had only 1 assist but play another good game. So all around it was a good weekend for the Rush girls and the 2 high school girl won their school games this weekend too. Sorry I wrote so much about Cora but she had a good weekend.

Comment

Brag on!!! How come the LO people don't like OR Rush (based on your comment)?

Comment

Not totally sure but some I think is from having one of their goalies. Last year one girl got hurt playing against us in the first part of the state cup. It about the kids and parents just get in the way sometime we have all done it. Seem every team has a team or that does like them or they don't like. Not really important, we just need to show our kids how to get along in this world. We all get to brag once in a while. :smt003 :smt003

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X