Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training & Club Evaluations

There is an interesting article on the USSF web site about academy training and club evaluations.

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Develop...ed-States.aspx

To ensure that all clubs in the Academy program are following U.S. Soccer Best Practices, each club receives annual midyear and end of year evaluations based on regular communication with U.S. Soccer staff, visits to training sessions & game evaluations.The technical advisors and U.S. Soccer staff grade every club in over 80 technical, administrative and programmatic areas that are used to calculate on overall score compared to other Academy programs.

Now that Maple is requiring coach licensing ( following the NEP lead) , I wonder if this next step will ever trickle down to Maple, NEP, Super-Y, Masc, etc. using Mass Youth Soccer as the technical consultant.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is an interesting article on the USSF web site about academy training and club evaluations.

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Develop...ed-States.aspx

To ensure that all clubs in the Academy program are following U.S. Soccer Best Practices, each club receives annual midyear and end of year evaluations based on regular communication with U.S. Soccer staff, visits to training sessions & game evaluations.The technical advisors and U.S. Soccer staff grade every club in over 80 technical, administrative and programmatic areas that are used to calculate on overall score compared to other Academy programs.

Now that Maple is requiring coach licensing ( following the NEP lead) , I wonder if this next step will ever trickle down to Maple, NEP, Super-Y, Masc, etc. using Mass Youth Soccer as the technical consultant.
    This was on the NEP site

"The league will also contract a 3rd party “external body” to attend game and training days to report on standards being maintained."

So looks like they are already doing this in some form. Maple will be forced to follow. I wonder if Maple will ever have an original though of their own?

Comment

This was on the NEP site

"The league will also contract a 3rd party “external body” to attend game and training days to report on standards being maintained."

So looks like they are already doing this in some form. Maple will be forced to follow. I wonder if Maple will ever have an original though of their own?
      Original thought? Please, everyone "borrows" from everyone.

Academy took the plan for regional teams from around the country from Super-Y. Originally, Super-Y was supposed to be the developmental program for the 2nd division pro teams, an idea borrowwed from European academies. Maple evolved out of Nickle (sp?) which came from BAYS and other regional town programs. Then changed into a super-regional program ( EMass, Cmass, Wmass, NH, RI,etc.) which is what NEP is trying to become. It's all progressing toward better youth soccer but hardly an "original thought."

Want an "original thought"? Consolidate the soccer into clubs based upon local geography and offer proper, professional soccer training programs from u-little to u6, u7, u8....u19, reserve, professional (or PDL or NASL or USL), seniors, etc. This creates a progression from the youngest to youth to the highest level to the seniors for both men & women. But, there is too much money at stake by the 100's of local clubs and bragging rights over meaningless trophies (NEFC Spring Champ! Scorpion Bowl Champ! Jefferson Cup Champ! Andre Cup Champ!,etc.) that would never allow this to happen.

Comment

Consolidate the soccer into clubs based upon local geography and offer proper, professional soccer training programs from u-little to u6, u7, u8....u19, reserve, professional (or PDL or NASL or USL), seniors, etc. This creates a progression from the youngest to youth to the highest level to the seniors for both men & women.
        MPS does this already

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
          mps does this already
          hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Comment

I don't think Mass Youth Soccer has the expertise to oversee clubs like Stars of Mass, even NEFC, etc. The people at those clubs are much more educated about soccer/player development than the idiots over there.

Comment

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha
              Its the truth, like it or not

Comment

Its the truth, like it or not
                Keep drinking that koolaide

Comment

Keep drinking that koolaide
                  I will, thanks

Comment

Original thought? Please, everyone "borrows" from everyone.
                    I think the point the poster was making is Maple will not do anything on their own unless they are forced to do it. They wont take the lead, on their own, to make soccer better in Mass

Comment

I think the point the poster was making is Maple will not do anything on their own unless they are forced to do it. They wont take the lead, on their own, to make soccer better in Mass
                      Please stop this nonsense. MAPLE does not need to do, they don't have to do this, nor do they want to do this. MAPLE simply provides a league structure for teNs to play each other. That's it. Nothing more.

Establishing training and development standards makes sense for USSoccer. Others are doing it because it sounds good. What curriculum is established? Who established it? What is the goal or end result of the established standards?

Comment

Please stop this nonsense. MAPLE does not need to do, they don't have to do this, nor do they want to do this. MAPLE simply provides a league structure for teNs to play each other. That's it. Nothing more.
                        yet they are changing and forcing clubs to have standards and you are right, they certainly do not want to have to do this but they are because its the right thing to do. If NEP wasnt doing it (like MASC isnt and hasnt) no one would benefit from this.

Comment

yet they are changing and forcing clubs to have standards and you are right, they certainly do not want to have to do this but they are because its the right thing to do. If NEP wasnt doing it (like MASC isnt and hasnt) no one would benefit from this.
                          I am not sure ho much "benefit" this would have. If it was set up properly with a real evaluation and some constructive criticism, then it would have some value. However most evaluations like this are shallow and a few atta boys later, you are done and have "passed."
                          Until MAPLE institutes a zero tolerance policy the rest of this debate is meaningless. Such a policy would eliminate at least 75% of what ruins a nice Sunday MAPLE game.

Comment

I am not sure ho much "benefit" this would have. If it was set up properly with a real evaluation and some constructive criticism, then it would have some value. However most evaluations like this are shallow and a few atta boys later, you are done and have "passed."
                            Until MAPLE institutes a zero tolerance policy the rest of this debate is meaningless. Such a policy would eliminate at least 75% of what ruins a nice Sunday MAPLE game.
                            You cant deny that forcing minimum standards ie licenses, would benefit the players though.

Comment

You cant deny that forcing minimum standards ie licenses, would benefit the players though.
                              I can. It COULD benefit kids. I have seen and met several C and D license holders that I wouldn't let train my dog. It certainly tends to benefit kids so I supported it, but there are almost as many exceptions as there are rules when it comes to license vs the actual coach and benefits the kids get.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X