Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who coached the NEFC U11G Gunners?

Just curious if Boates was there, wearing a Bobby Valentine moustache and using a walkie talkie to coach the game from the parking lot.........

He can be there, he just can't coach the game. No disguise needed.

Comment

He actually cant be within 100 yards of the field

Comment

Cell phone and binoculars?

Comment

Then why bother having a suspension? Just a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            He actually cant be within 100 yards of the field

I heard that he was disguised as the ref.

Comment

Call me naive but if I was the parent of an U11 player on this team, I'd have some reservations about a youth coach who was banned from the league for a season. Not sure I would stay around for next year. There must be other quality youth soccer coaches or is this coach something super special?

Comment

Call me naive but if I was the parent of an U11 player on this team, I'd have some reservations about a youth coach who was banned from the league for a season. Not sure I would stay around for next year. There must be other quality youth soccer coaches or is this coach something super special?
                The bigger question is what happens if he finds a better position elsewhere? Do these parents think NEFC would step in and provide a new DOC of south shore or would the "satellite" just fold up leaving kids scrambling to find another team.

Comment

You are naive, because the parents are there because of him. It's not like they just showed up off the street for tryouts and then come April they find out the coach can't be there for their games.

And where are they going to go? They play for a strong coach on the best team in the league. They are south shore kids. They certainly aren't going to go to the Scorpions, needless to say there is no love lost there.

Comment

In the future, NEFC will be a good second option for south shore families whose kids aren't quite at the level to play in the ECNL with Scorpions. That is the reality facing NEFC as it is with all other clubs.

Comment

In the future, NEFC will be a good second option for south shore families whose kids aren't quite at the level to play in the ECNL with Scorpions. That is the reality facing NEFC as it is with all other clubs.
                      Unless the Scorps manage to pull off some very heavy recruiting (and the cast-offs from the u13 Stars Athletic/United merger come to mind), their current U13 team isn't at that level either.

Comment

HAHAHA!

Which Scorpions teams are going to attract players?

Sorry, I think maybe you were being sarcastic or joking. Nobody is leaving their current teams to play for KC, TM or any of the current U14 and younger Scorpions teams. That's just a fact that Scorpions families are going to have to live with.

Comment

Cell phone and binoculars?

Don't laugh - I've seen that before. Coach was in the parking lot overlooking a field apparently calling in substitutions to the "coach" on the sidelines.

Comment

HAHAHA!

Which Scorpions teams are going to attract players?

Sorry, I think maybe you were being sarcastic or joking. Nobody is leaving their current teams to play for KC, TM or any of the current U14 and younger Scorpions teams. That's just a fact that Scorpions families are going to have to live with.
                            Don't you get it yet. This thread and the several others like it authored by the same person(s) are intended to keep the Scorpions name out there and cast their rivals in a negative light. It really is just marketing hype. I have nothing against the Scorpions but they have been doing this sort of thing for years. Every year or two there is some issue relative to the Scorpion's that has their supporters bickering on a public forum. Think about this, after a while doesn't one have to start asking one's self why is there always so much conflict associated with this one club?
                            Last edited by beentheredonethat; 04-13-2010, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethat View Post
                              Don't you get it yet. This thread and the several others like it authored by the same person(s) are intended to keep the Scorpions name out there and cast their rivals in a negative light. It really is just marketing hype. I have nothing against the Scorpions but they have been doing this sort of thing for years. Every year or two there is some issue relative to the Scorpion's that has their followers and supporters bickering on a public forum. Think about this, after a while doesn't one have to start asking one's self why is there always so much conflict associated with this one club?
                              No idea but which club are you with?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X