Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEP Sunday U13G Games

Looked to be a big quality of play disparity in several of the U13G games on Sunday (NEP).

Seacoast United Maine whooped Bruno 9-0 and FC Greater Boston 5-1. Seacoast NH also took it to Bruno decisively.

Seacoast NH / MPS Renegades (2-2) and FC Greater Boston / MPS Lady Crusaders (1-0) look like the closest matches of the day.

My overall observations after watching 4 or 5 of the games:

(1) Seacoast United ME is a very determined team. A little loosey-goosey occassionally, but should be able to give anyone a good fight. A great fast passing team, with a good knowledge of how to get the ball in the net.

(2) Bruno was overmatched in both of their games. Hopefully this level of play will benefit them on their home turf.

(3) FC Greater Boston -- "dirty" players. I haven't seen that many elbows to the back or intentional trips in a long time. Overall an average team that likes to play the long, pass-through ball. Won't work for them against good defending teams. Other than that, some OK three player passing work.

(4) MPS Renegades looked well-balanced. Some very large/mature players for what is only supposed to be 12/13 year olds. Nice goal attack -- but one-dimensional. Once opposing teams figure this strategy out, they should be able to contain them. Otherwise, should continue to be good, close games between the Renegades and the Seacoast NH & ME teams.

The officiating, unbelievably, was very good overall. Very few questionable calls and nice "maturity" overall.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looked to be a big quality of play disparity in several of the U13G games on Sunday (NEP).

Seacoast United Maine whooped Bruno 9-0 and FC Greater Boston 5-1. Seacoast NH also took it to Bruno decisively.

Seacoast NH / MPS Renegades (2-2) and FC Greater Boston / MPS Lady Crusaders (1-0) look like the closest matches of the day.

(1) Seacoast United ME is a very determined team. A little loosey-goosey occassionally, but should be able to give anyone a good fight. A great fast passing team, with a good knowledge of how to get the ball in the net.

(2) Bruno was overmatched in both of their games. Hopefully this level of play will benefit them on their home turf.

(3) FC Greater Boston -- "dirty" players. I haven't seen that many elbows to the back or intentional trips in a long time. Overall an average team that likes to play the long, pass-through ball. Won't work for them against good defending teams. Other than that, some OK three player passing work.

(4) MPS Renegades looked well-balanced. Some very large/mature players for what is only supposed to be 12/13 year olds. Nice goal attack -- but one-dimensional. Once opposing teams figure this strategy out, they should be able to contain them. Otherwise, should continue to be good, close games between the Renegades and the Seacoast NH & ME teams.

The officiating, unbelievably, was very good overall. Very few questionable calls and nice "maturity" overall.
    We happened to see the u13 Renegades play Seacoast Maine at the Seacoast Tournament a few weeks back. A very one-sided game in favor of the Renegades.

Comment

I did watch most of that game. I thought it ended 2-1, with MPS scoring the winning goal with about 2 minutes left in the game?

Seemed fairly evenly matched up to then. . . leaning slightly toward MPS.

Comment

What is the "one dimension" for MPS as you have stated?

Comment

Does one-dimensional = kick and run???

Comment

Does one-dimensional = kick and run???
            No, that's two dimensions. One dimension would be either kick or run!

Comment

You're right. Maybe it's one kid dribbling the whole length of the field.

Comment

Yes, I'd love to hear what this is too....

Comment

Looks like the top 3 spots are shaping up to be quite competitive, with only one team yet undefeated/untied -- Seacoast United Maine -- although they have played 1 or 2 fewer games than the other teams.

A 3-1 win by SU Maine over SU NH this weekend tends to lead one to believe they are definitely in contention, as SU NH tied MPS Renegades. The game this coming weekend between SU Maine and MPS should be decisive.

Anyone see the SU ME vs SU NH game this past weekend? How did the teams look?

Comment

Looks like the top 3 spots are shaping up to be quite competitive, with only one team yet undefeated/untied -- Seacoast United Maine -- although they have played 1 or 2 fewer games than the other teams.

A 3-1 win by SU Maine over SU NH this weekend tends to lead one to believe they are definitely in contention, as SU NH tied MPS Renegades. The game this coming weekend between SU Maine and MPS should be decisive.

It's NEP....does anyone really care? It's a training/development league.

Comment

It's rather obvious that you're a troll from SU Maine. Why not just come out and tell us how wonderful your girls are, how dynamic the coach is, how perfect the parents are on the sidelines, and other garbage....?

Comment

It's rather obvious that you're a troll from SU Maine. Why not just come out and tell us how wonderful your girls are, how dynamic the coach is, how perfect the parents are on the sidelines, and other garbage....?
                        Sorry -- not from Maine!

Just making some observations based on games I've seen and following this age group.

Comment

So how was the big matchup?

Comment

SSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhhhhhush

So how was the big matchup?
                            Its a developmental league. The scores don't matter.

Comment

Its a developmental league. The scores don't matter.
                              Yeah, that's what we thought.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X