Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time to change teams?

My daughter is playing up in U13 level. Her skills, on a scale 1-10, are ~7-8, for her level, she is a starter and above the skill level of the majority of her team. She loves soccer and plays very hard in games but is not always motivated to practice outside of team practices and games. Perhaps part of it is her age – she is 11 years old. Or perhaps part of it is the team, half of the players are decently skilled players (on a 1-10 scale ~5-8), but others are not skilled or are new this year to soccer or just do not try very hard.

The coach is great. He played on a world cup team, top college team and some pro before major injury. BUT because of our geographical location the team tryout selections are limited. There is no real selection/tryouts, just accept whoever shows up – we are lucky to have one sub for games. For 2 seasons, the games have been dismal. Some players play hard, most do not and they lose all their games. It always seems as if they are on the cusp of winning or if they had 3-4 more good players they would be a bit more successful.

I don’t want to be a whiny parent, or a pushy soccer parent but I am wondering if it is time to move on to a more successful team. It would mean I have to drive for an extra hour before/after practice but perhaps my daughter would be more motivated and stay interested in soccer if she were surrounded by a better team. Opinions?

try the socalsoccer forum ... it's much more active and you will get lots of feedback over there

socalsoccer.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X