Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coaches

This is a serious question that I would like honest opinions on. How long should one coach stay with the same team? Does growth become stagnate for the players being with the same coach for over two years? Does it stop progression of the players and team? Does it build too much familiarity? When should a team get a new coach if he/she been with the team since U11 or U12?

A team should have a new coach every two to three years. Coaches should also have "guest" coaches work with the team. Each coach brings their own viewpoint to the game and has their own strengths and weaknesses.

A former coach can be a mentor for a player, but there comes a time when the player and team needs to deal with a new coach.

Comment

Originally posted by MASC View Post
      A team should have a new coach every two to three years. Coaches should also have "guest" coaches work with the team. Each coach brings their own viewpoint to the game and has their own strengths and weaknesses.

A former coach can be a mentor for a player, but there comes a time when the player and team needs to deal with a new coach.
      I have heard a really good coach I know say that they feel coaches should specialize in age groups w/in a club....sort of like teachers I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by MASC View Post

This does not appear to be the method used by Stars. Are they missing something or do they know something you don't?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          This is a serious question that I would like honest opinions on. How long should one coach stay with the same team? Does growth become stagnate for the players being with the same coach for over two years? Does it stop progression of the players and team? Does it build too much familiarity? When should a team get a new coach if he/she been with the team since U11 or U12?

3-4 years could be average, but there isn't a set amount of time. depends on the coach. do they have experience at many different age levels? is the team progressing or not? is the team tuning the coach out?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Does the coach have a kid on the team? If so, how does that affect long term growth and development? Not just the coach's kid, but for the team as a whole?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X