Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GotSoccer Points

I am yet to understand how the points work on that site. They have an explanation as follows:

Quote from Site:
    Tournaments are ranked by the top five point-getters in each age-group. This figure is then dived by 20%, providing an average. This allows us the ability to compare equally an event which has round-robin flights of five to tournaments which have flights of eight, 16 or more.

They go on to state that they take the total from the top five teams and divide that by five to reach the average. The winner of the flight gets that amount of points minus 20% of the team's ranking points. It then speaks about the point distribution for finalist, semifinalist, quarterfinalist, etc.

The numbers never seem to add up.

The boards are constantly refering to the rankings on this site. If anyone can explain how this works, I would really appreciate it.

Good question

I always just took the points for what they are. Never even looked at how they were determined. If I go in and do the calculations for tournaments that my daughter has played in, it doesn't make any sense at all. Some were close to the actual points given, but others were way off. There must be another calculation that isn't listed.

Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I always just took the points for what they are. Never even looked at how they were determined. If I go in and do the calculations for tournaments that my daughter has played in, it doesn't make any sense at all. Some were close to the actual points given, but others were way off. There must be another calculation that isn't listed.

Does anyone know?
      who cares? Use MM rankings

Comment

MM?? Can you provide a link?

Comment

MM?? Can you provide a link?
          http://www.girlssoccerrate.com/

Comment

MM system is flawed also. Look at the GU16 group. The top three are correct (no brainer). The rest of the top 10 are out of place.

Comment

MM system is flawed also. Look at the GU16 group. The top three are correct (no brainer). The rest of the top 10 are out of place.
              So the flaw is that you disagree with the rankings? That seems like a disagreement, not a flaw. Have you looked at the state tournament results on the website?

Comment

So what is the flaw, other than that you disagree with the ranking?

Comment

Originally posted by mathman View Post
                  The "flaw" is the poster's kid is on one of the top three teams, the other seven teams should just close up shop and quit soccer altogether.

Comment

Half the battle is getting in and most state's top teams will continue to accumulate becasue no one else has a shot of getting in to the biggies.

Comment

Half the battle is getting in and most state's top teams will continue to accumulate becasue no one else has a shot of getting in to the biggies.
                      I meant to add that is why GS is flawed and MM is not.

Comment

Originally posted by mathman View Post
                        Correction. Replace "flaw" with "disagree". Will check back in when early spring tournament results are posted. No, I don't have a kid on one of the top three.

Comment

I meant to add that is why GS is flawed and MM is not.
                          Sounds like MM has your team higher than GS.

Comment

Anyone know why GotSoccer didn't include the last week of games for Fall '09? They have the wrong winner for some sections, since it came down to the last game for some groups.

Comment

Correction. Replace "flaw" with "disagree". Will check back in when early spring tournament results are posted. No, I don't have a kid on one of the top three.
                              Why dont you enlighten us on what you think the order should be Mr Smarty Pants?

1 1765 / 1711 8/191 FC Stars of Mass United
                              2 1640 / 1613 7/171 Scorpions Elite
                              3 1572 / 1476 7/112 MPS Boston Renegades 94 Pr
                              4 1349 / 1348 10/119 NE Aztecs White Flame
                              5 1340 / 1316 4/139 Blackhawks Predators
                              6 1272 / 1289 4/112 NEFC Reds
                              7 1268 / 1175 8/112 Crusaders United
                              8 1210 / 1185 4/118 PASA
                              9 1199 / 1199 0/96 Pioneers
                              10 1181 / 1162 3/64 MPS Cape Cod Lady Crusaders 94
                              11 1170 / 1170 0/99 Explosion
                              12 1105 / 1143 3/110 Nova Eclipse
                              13 1103 / 1112 4/39 Soccer Domain
                              14 1095 / 1095 0/100 South Shore Select
                              15 1086 / 1106 4/14 FC Stars of Mass Athletic *

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X