Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to build a player

Arsenals Manager, Arsene Wenger discusses what it takes to build a top player. He is famous for developing young players into superstars such as Cesc Fabregas and others.

http://community.soccerinteractive.c...AVideo%3A11806

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Arsenals Manager, Arsene Wenger discusses what it takes to build a top player. He is famous for developing young players into superstars such as Cesc Fabregas and others.

http://community.soccerinteractive.c...AVideo%3A11806
    Thanks for posting. He talked about buiding the player at age 7 and if he does not have ball skill at age 14 then it is to late. I always read on here that we should wait until puberty to take it serious. According to Wenger, that is to late.

Comment

Thanks for posting. He talked about buiding the player at age 7 and if he does not have ball skill at age 14 then it is to late. I always read on here that we should wait until puberty to take it serious. According to Wenger, that is to late.
      Most of the kids that I have seen, 12/13 years old is too late!

"You go to Disco?"

Comment

Most of the kids that I have seen, 12/13 years old is too late!

"You go to Disco?"
        So true.

Comment

Not taking the game too seriously until puberty is something all together different. I don't think anyone ever said you should wait until puberty to obtain technical skills.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;287994]Most of the kids that I have seen, 12/13 years old is too late!

My kid could get past most 12/13 year olds and beyond by 9 based purely on talent. Some kids are just born athletes then they need an adult who can teach them the advanced technique. This is where things fall apart for most kids. They come into the game athletic, strong, etc... ready to be sculpted into soccer players, however, they never get that molding and by the time they reach puberty growth can make them more awkward. That is why it is so essential that kids between 8-12 receive the highest level of training. Once basic ball mastery skills, like control and simple footwork is established then game strategy, field position, tactical skills, etc... can be refined. Its bizarre how some clubs reserve their best facilities, coaches, time slots, etc... for the older kids and neglect the younger kids.

Comment

Not taking the game too seriously until puberty is something all together different. I don't think anyone ever said you should wait until puberty to obtain technical skills.
              How are you going to be able to do that if you don't take the game serious? Practicing twice a week for an hour and a half will not be enough to obtain technical skills. Having the ball at your feet 7 days a week is the only way especially at 7 years old.

Comment

How are you going to be able to do that if you don't take the game serious? Practicing twice a week for an hour and a half will not be enough to obtain technical skills. Having the ball at your feet 7 days a week is the only way especially at 7 years old.
                Yeah, and you do that through PLAY, something most kids enjoy. The problem when talking about taking the game too seriously is that it is the adults that take it too seriously and turn it into WORK and WAR for the kids.

Comment

Take your kid to NEFC!!

Comment

Take your kid to NEFC!!
                    take your kid to the park

Comment

Great Video. This guy is impressive.

Comment

Take your kid to NEFC!!
                        If you have any true talent run as far away from NEFC as you can get. They only know how to ruin talent not improve it.

Comment

If you have any true talent run as far away from NEFC as you can get. They only know how to ruin talent not improve it.
                          And where would you in your infinite wisdom recommend they should go?

Comment

Who ruins it?

Comment

And where would you in your infinite wisdom recommend they should go?
                              No infinite wisdom here. Just know NEFC managed to undo some of my kid's talent. When I find someone in this country who know's the game of soccer, knows how to teach it to kids, and is consistently turning out skilled players who are not just robots programmed to win I'll certainley let everyone know.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X