Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAYS Placements

Looking for feedback from the veterans of BAYS seasons past....

What is the difference in level of play between the different sections in the Division. For example D1A, D1B, D1C. Is it all talent grouping or does geography play a bigger role?

Also how much of a difference is the play in D1 vs D2? Low D1 vs High D2?

Do coaches enter their teams in lower sections with the hope of winning more games?

My question is specifically for the u10 age group, but the question probably applies to any age group.

thanks

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looking for feedback from the veterans of BAYS seasons past....

What is the difference in level of play between the different sections in the Division. For example D1A, D1B, D1C. Is it all talent grouping or does geography play a bigger role?

Also how much of a difference is the play in D1 vs D2? Low D1 vs High D2?

Do coaches enter their teams in lower sections with the hope of winning more games?

My question is specifically for the u10 age group, but the question probably applies to any age group.

thanks
    Isn't U10 non-competitive??? Please don't worry about this at U-10 or you will never make it to your MAPLE glory days.

Comment

To the previous poster, it is a simple enough question. How much difference is there between the sections?

IMHO - There is not much difference between D1 though high D2. Most of these sections are filled with the first teams from the towns. Once you get into the second and third team from a town, there tends to be a drop in athletic ability and thus competition. That being said, not much difference between low D2 and D3

Comment

Isn't U10 non-competitive??? Please don't worry about this at U-10 or you will never make it to your MAPLE glory days.
        maPle may not be around too much longer

Comment

By U10, D1 starts to separate from D2 in Bays. Maple is still formimable but, imo, it was nice to see U11 go 8v8, however U12's should be also. They're not physically developed enough for the big field. I also have my doubts in MPS's ability to pull off a new league. Organization is hardly thier strength.

Comment

U10 is non result oriented however there is plenty of competition

Comment

To even have a topic like this is proof of what is wrong in youth sports today. Bays placement?

Comment

To even have a topic like this is proof of what is wrong in youth sports today. Bays placement?
                No different than all the maple placement talk. Not every parent has $1500+ to fork over for club, and contrary to popular belief in the club circuit, there is some quality soccer played there

Comment

Bays placement is always a big deal with my kids, much more than any other league or sport. From a young age, they usually play the same towns over and over and develop natural rivalries and they also know their opponents from camps and others sports. By high school, there is little surprise as to who you're going up against

Comment

No different than all the maple placement talk. Not every parent has $1500+ to fork over for club, and contrary to popular belief in the club circuit, there is some quality soccer played there
                    Other than 3/4's of Division 1, I haven't seen much quality soccer in Maple.

Comment

To the previous poster, it is a simple enough question. How much difference is there between the sections?

IMHO - There is not much difference between D1 though high D2. Most of these sections are filled with the first teams from the towns. Once you get into the second and third team from a town, there tends to be a drop in athletic ability and thus competition. That being said, not much difference between low D2 and D3
                      Athletic ability 9 times out of 10 equals size.

Comment

I've got a U12 who's team has played at both the D1 & D2 levels in BAYS. Currently they are a top level D2 team. At U10 I would say that the variances are based more on physical development than technical development. All it really takes is a few early developers to do some real damage at that age. By the time you get to U12 most of the top D1 teams are filled with starting calibre club players where as in D2 the teams typically have will have a bunch of Club players but not all of them will be starters and the gulf between the top players and rest of the players on the roster is usually pretty significant.

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethat View Post
                          I've got a U12 who's team has played at both the D1 & D2 levels in BAYS. Currently they are a top level D2 team. At U10 I would say that the variances are based more on physical development than technical development. All it really takes is a few early developers to do some real damage at that age. By the time you get to U12 most of the top D1 teams are filled with starting calibre club players where as in D2 the teams typically have will have a bunch of Club players but not all of them will be starters and the gulf between the top players and rest of the players on the roster is usually pretty significant.
                          Good post. Seems like BAYS D1 is pretty good competition comparing to MAPLE.

Comment

Good post. Seems like BAYS D1 is pretty good competition comparing to MAPLE.
                            Perhaps, but only if you luck into decent town coaching. Have a top player headed towards college now. Had to get him out of BAYS at U10 to kept him developing and happy. In Maple you can tryout for the coach of your choice. In BAYS you're stuck with whatever your town can muster, which in our case wasn't much.

Comment

My children all played in BAYS through end of U14. I coached teams in BAYS fpr many years. Coaches having the luxury of seeing rosters know the brith dates of players. D1 and high D2 teams are composed primarily of August, September, October, November and December birth children.

Lower D2 and D3 are predominantly January through July birthdays.

At these young ages a few months of growth and maturity makes a huge difference.

One can see the same with MAPLE and MASC teams. The strongest teams tend to be the oldest.

If people go back through the ODP and other posts one can see that Jan 1 cut-off's cause the teams to be predominantly January through May teams.

Things don't really change with respect to age advantages until U16 for Girls and U18+ for Boys.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X