Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyber bulling link to suicide of soccer star

Obviously the parent think otherwise, but this is following the suicide in South Hadley where 9 teenagers are now being charged. When you see the crap that takes place in this forum by "mature" adults one can only imagine what it's like for kids.

[AROUND THE NET] A Long Island youth star headed to college on a soccer scholarship committed suicide, prompting police to investigate dozens of offensive comments posted on social networking sites directed at the girl before and after her death.

Alexis Pilkington starred for West Islip High School in soccer and lacrosse and was headed to Division II Dowling on a soccer scholarship.

"I believe in my heart that cyberbullying wasn't the cause of Lexi's death," her mother, Paula Pilkington told the Daily News. "This is a mistake."

The family, which said Alexis, who played for the West Islip Soccer Cub, had been in counseling, was cooperating with the police probe.

"Teenage suicide, it is one of the most painful things you can go through and there is no one answer,"Alexis' father, Thomas Pilkington, a member of the New York Police Department, told WCBS.

Sad. If true and the perpetrators are caught, I hope they get a long sentence. I hope the Holyoke spend at least 30 years in jail.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X