Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain, rain, and more rain

I have been wondering what the impact, if any, will be on the start of the soccer season with all of the rain we have had. Are delays to be expected to allow time for the fields to absorb the water and dry out a bit?

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
    I have been wondering what the impact, if any, will be on the start of the soccer season with all of the rain we have had. Are delays to be expected to allow time for the fields to absorb the water and dry out a bit?
    Same as every year. Field closures abound I'm sure. Too bad. The good news is that Easter Sunday comes early this year. The delayed start of the season will help and allow time to dry out.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
      It has actually been a better early spring than in past years. Weather has been pretty warm and there has been no late snow. Certainly the amount of recent rain will impact low lying fields and fields with poor drainage, but the expected ultra-warm weather coming in for the weekend wiill do a lot to dry out the newer, better designed fields. Unless we get additional heavy rain later next week (right before most of the first scheduled games), I would expect that most fields should be in good shape for the Second weekend of April. Of course it is New England, and it is still possible to get another significant snow storm - or to rain every weekend until Memorial Day - but maybe this will be the rare good spring!!!

Comment

Word is MYSA has closed Lancaster for the week.

Comment

Damn, it sure is raining out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Word is MYSA has closed Lancaster for the week.
            Even the turf fields?

Comment

Even the turf fields?
              Anyone drive by today - How are the turf fields draining?

Comment

Anyone drive by today - How are the turf fields draining?
                The Nashua is high but the turf fields are fine.

Comment

The Nashua is high but the turf fields are fine.
                  Lots of people on their way to Lancaster for Region I training and play day Wed thru Friday.

Comment

Even the turf fields?
                    It must be the turf fields that are closed as the grass fields don't open until 4/3 according to the MYSA web site.

Comment

It must be the turf fields that are closed as the grass fields don't open until 4/3 according to the MYSA web site.
                      The grass fields were originally open this week but they are now closed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X